Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have a 83 year old man at work that calibrates our machines that used to work for honeywell, he drives a 94 model 2wd nissan hardbody that has now got 535,000 miles on it and still runs great. The guy bought the truck with 60k on it and has driven it ever since and done nothing but change 3 fan clutches and a clutch at 400k I've been following it since he rolled over 350k. He owns a diesel medium duty repair shop with his son and uses the truck for chores, part runs and to drive all over creation. My dad bought a 86 and a half hardbody when they came out for 4,600 bucks brand new if I remember right and the last time we saw the owner it had over 300k. When I was looking for one for a gas saver awhile back I called about 5-10 in the paper and they all had over 200k.

So after all this rambling... what about the 4cyl is so well made for longevity? And do you guys think that a 4.0 V6? or a 5.6 V8 would last just as long if maintained the same exact way?

Hope the VG30 in my car last awhile its going strong at 170k

Oh yes he also says he doesn't use any special oil, he just uses what ever they have lying around the shop thats the right viscosity every 3k....

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I'm inclined to think the relatively short crankshaft of a 4 Cylinder aids in stiffness of the driveline. Reduced flexing reducing wear. Oil changes are best thing anyone can do. I have a fleet of GMC 5.7 with around 250-300K.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like inline motors are tuff. Ford 300 6, all inline 4's, 5.9 cummins, mopar 4.0 6, all these are known pretty tuff or tuffer then most.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts