Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wnat to replace my stock 17" wheels and Nitto Terra Grapplers with 18x9 rims and Nitto trail grapplers. Who has the best tire packages with that combo in mind and what size tire will fit with out rubbing? Should I go to the 18x9 wheels or stay with the stock 17" rims and just get the Trails? will a 265 60 18 fit on 18" rims without rubbing? what is the biggest size 18" tire I can place on my 07 4x4? Any rim suggestions will be helpful. Im kind of partial to the Helo HE 791 Maxx 18x9. Is this a good wheel manufacturer? I will be going off road at some point in time so a good rim is important
Thans for any replies. Merry Christmas to all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
285/65R18 are 32.5 tall and it is a +fitment for OE 17" wheels with the off road package.
285/60R18 Are 31.3 tall and will work as a +fitment for W/O off road package.

Neither one will rub with a 18x9 wheel. But if you run a negitive wheel offset then they could rub.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Lugnutt thats good info

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am I looking at this correctly?
Nitto Trails 295/70R/17 Overall Diameter 33.54 and Width @ 11.97 is taller than
285/65/18 " " 32.83 " @ 11.93
So should I just stay with a 17" rim and gain about 3/4's of an inch ? I guess i would have about an extra 3/8" clearance with the 17" If im looking at this correctly?
Data from the Nitto Tire site.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Am I looking at this correctly?
Nitto Trails 295/70R/17 Overall Diameter 33.54 and Width @ 11.97 is taller than
285/65/18 " " 32.83 " @ 11.93
So should I just stay with a 17" rim and gain about 3/4's of an inch ? I guess i would have about an extra 3/8" clearance with the 17" If im looking at this correctly?
Data from the Nitto Tire site.
Just all depends on what your looking to gain. But yes your right on the size.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question Im just about to pull the trigger on new tires and rims I believe I have decided to buy Nitto Trail Grapplers lt295/70/18 which are 34.57" diameter with a width of 11.73" to replace my current stock 17" rims running 285/70/17 Nitto terra's at 32.72" and 11.46" wide. Discount tire rep says no problem with the 295's as I have the PRG 2.5" level kit on my titan. Any issues im not seeing here that you know of?
I think I am going with the Rhino Rockstar black rims with the polished rim. How good are these rims, anyone know? Best rim ideas from anyone out there?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided I didnt want to do the PWM in the middle of winter in my drive way so I opted for the NItto Trails 285/65/18 with the Black Rhino rockwell's 18x9

·
Registered
23 Posts
with a level kit you shou ld be good to go.
Rockstars are nice, sounds like a good set up for your truck.
I'm waiting on a new line up for us so I can get a set of 22's in black.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPS freight called and tires will be delivered tomorrow cant wait to get them on and will post pics well snow pics ....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best tire and wheel packages...

hey guys,
i have just joined and i like the concept.....
i have no idea about this any one can help me????
i want best quality tyre and alloy rims.
in what package i can get it?????
and one more thing what is the best quality of tyres?????
thanks in advance.....

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
hey guys,
i have just joined and i like the concept.....
i have no idea about this any one can help me????
i want best quality tyre and alloy rims.
in what package i can get it?????
and one more thing what is the best quality of tyres?????
thanks in advance.....
depends on what your looking for, many guys on here are fans of Nitto tires, some fans of cooper zeons. there are others, but can't think of them. I don't think there is hardly anyone running BF All terrains. I don't think they last personally. are you going off road alot? how big you wanna go? pic a wheel you like and go from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts