Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the forum, sorry for another performance issue.
i just upgraded my travel trailer. went from 4500 lbs. to 8000 lbs.
i was considering an exhaust and cai, and also a biiger tranny resevoir.
any suggestions?
looking at magnaflow or gibson.....K&N or brute force.... and PML tranny tank
own a 2008 titan crew cab le short bed

·
Registered
612 Posts
Sponsor Burtman Industries has the PML transmission pan that is finned aluminum and adds 3 1/2 quarts. That should cool your trans pretty well.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Burtman Industries has the PML. Burtman is a sponsor and you should be able to find the link on this site. I am unaware of any other source. Burtman also has a PML extra capacity rear diff cover that should help cool the read diff, which seems to be of concern among this forum's members. These are rather inexpensive upgrades.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Aftermarket intakes and exhaust will increase the amount of sound your Titan produces. The drone produced by the exhaust and be intolerable to some. When pulling a trailer this can be exacerbated due to the sound reflected by the trailer, especially if you change the exhaust tip to point towards the rear.

That said, a cold air intake and muffler change will give you more horsepower. A simple muffler swap (instead of a cat-back system) is the least expensive way to go. The 18" Magnaflow 12258 will fit your Titan, but the 22" will produce less sound.

The PML pan is a good idea. The 2008 has a pretty good differential cover already but a bigger cover that allows for more fluid isn't a bad idea.

You should check to see if your Titan has the upgraded leaf spring shackles as the older ones are known to have problems. PRGProducts.com sells a nice, beefy set that also gives you the option to lower the rear a bit. But the upgraded Nissan shackles are less expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts