Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally purchased my Oval Side bars in Summer of 2006. I recently contacted Westin about the chrome peeling and flaking off. They have a life time warranty on their products. After a few short emails, I am getting a new set of stainless oval side bars for the cost of shipping, 33.00. So it is good to see a company that stands behind their products and their warranty.

:thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow! That is impressive.

I wonder if the warranty is transferable... I am selling the same units, they came on my truck.

·
Registered
343 Posts
That is good news but I would expect nothing less as the shedding of the chrome plating is a poor reflection on the quality of the Westin product. Are the Westin bars Chinese made?

Hopefully the stainless steel bars will perform better than the chrome plated ones. I purchased a set of Chinese made DealsofSteel stainless steel step bars for $189 including shipping in June of 2005 and they still look good.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to Westin mine were aluminum with chrome plating. My problem was pitting on the passenger side and on the drivers side the chrome was flaking at he rubber step pads. The new ones are polished stainless steel.

My western chrome brush guard is flawless after 5 years. I wax it prior to winter setting in or if i didnt i spray on turtle wax ice and let it stay on and dry. Same with my wheels. I put a hvy coat of wax on and leave it. Then when I wash it I re-apply the wax and leave it on again. I have had good luck here in the mid atlantic with snow and salt. I just sold the 18x9 951 moto metals and am looking for 20's now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts