Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I have a 2008 XE I am making a harness for the big tow mirrors, and then Im ordering a new cluster with the trans temp gauge, also I am gonna get the C-30 Deaver pack. If I order the 3.36 gears and swap them in the rear will I have to swap the front ones also, and will that make my xe have the tow package?

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually I just read that after 2006 Nissan offered the XE titans with the big tow package it was everything except the big tow mirrors of course, which I would also assume is the trans temp gauge because the cluster is different, sooo How do I know if I have the tow package for sure or not on my XE, because she tows like a monster, but I just want to clarify... thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
You will have to swap out front gears, that is if you plan on using 4wd.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spun the rear wheels and it was a little over three driveshaft rotations to one tire rotation, so I figure I do have the 3.36 Gears. So I am a little relieved

·
Registered
83 Posts
...Should be a sticker on the rear end housing that reads 2.94 or 3.36 if its gone you will have to see what rpms you run at certain speeds and ask others what they run at the same speeds.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Big Tow package includes another trans cooler and bigger battery also.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Big Tow package includes another trans cooler and bigger battery also.
Actually no and no the cooling systems are identical in every way and the battery is no "bigger" it's just more amps. Like buying a upgraded battery at the parts store unstead of factory. Research before providing false info...

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Correct about the coolers, but the tow package battery is larger in size as well as capacity.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Sorry, I misunderstood scr38 when he said on June 11, 2005 at 12:58 a.m. "You already have two coolers; one in the radiator and a air cooler mounted between the a/c condenser and the radiator." I thought he was talking about a Big Tow, but apparently all Titans have the cooler between the a/c condenser and the radiator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts