Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you had a pet peeve about the titan? I love my truck but there are a few things that annoy me.

1. Stupid A/C comes on when I turn on the defroster.
2. Power seats moving (I think there is a fix for this)
3. Constant air flow through the vents even when the fan isn't running.
4. Loud @ss electric cooling fan.

That about does it. Don't get me wrong I love my truck but I think Nissan could have remedied some of the issues before production.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
You know you can stop the air flowing through vent when you dont have the fan on by pushing in the fan speed dial so the light comes on, on that dial. This shuts the airflow from outside the truck off. You have the outside vent open when the light is not on. thats why you have air moving still.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
My biggest Peeve is the fact that I was cheap and didn't get the keyless entry option - Nissan failed to place any key holes on the passenger side of the vehicle. The tailgate has one, but the passenger side doesn't???? It's a pain when I take my wife out and go to open her door for her. I have to walk to the driver's side to unlock the truck. My next option to add to the truck is the keyless entry.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
KYFHO said:
My biggest Peeve is the fact that I was cheap and didn't get the keyless entry option - Nissan failed to place any key holes on the passenger side of the vehicle. The tailgate has one, but the passenger side doesn't???? It's a pain when I take my wife out and go to open her door for her. I have to walk to the driver's side to unlock the truck. My next option to add to the truck is the keyless entry.
Are you serious there is no key hole on the passenger side of your Titan. I have the cheapest Titan available no extras at all and I have key holes on both sides. I am very suprised.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,265 Posts
I don't have key hole on passenger side. I have SE model. On the other hand, I have a remote that unlock the door. I thought it came as standard equipment for SE model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
m4ck said:
KYFHO said:
My biggest Peeve is the fact that I was cheap and didn't get the keyless entry option - Nissan failed to place any key holes on the passenger side of the vehicle. The tailgate has one, but the passenger side doesn't???? It's a pain when I take my wife out and go to open her door for her. I have to walk to the driver's side to unlock the truck. My next option to add to the truck is the keyless entry.
Are you serious there is no key hole on the passenger side of your Titan. I have the cheapest Titan available no extras at all and I have key holes on both sides. I am very suprised.
As a matter of fact, I do not recall seeing any Titans on the lot that had keyholes on the passenger side. A Nisszn rep called me about 3 weeks after I bought my truck for a survey. I told her about the key holes and was told that was the number one gripe they had been receiving. I bought my truck in September, so I'm wondering if the later production models were changed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
No key hole on passenger side, but I can still be a gentleman for my wife as I have the keyless entry. As for surveys, I have never received anything from Nissan about the Titan (written or phone calls). I am on that do not call list for telemarketers so I wonder if that is the reason why. I do receive dealer surveys after service is done on it and also received a written JD Powers survey about dealerships in general after I bought the truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,346 Posts
Tyltan said:
I don't have key hole on passenger side. I have SE model. On the other hand, I have a remote that unlock the door.
Same here, NO keyhole on passenger side.

M4ck, you may want to go look at yours again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Caltitan said:
No key hole on passenger side, but I can still be a gentleman for my wife as I have the keyless entry. As for surveys, I have never received anything from Nissan about the Titan (written or phone calls). I am on that do not call list for telemarketers so I wonder if that is the reason why. I do receive dealer surveys after service is done on it and also received a written JD Powers survey about dealerships in general after I bought the truck.
Yeah, some lady called and said she was calling from the Nissan factory. She asked what I liked about my truck the best and what I didn't like. It was a very short phone call. Like I said before, she jumped all over the missing key hole comment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Coming to M4ck's defense, I too have a keyhole to open the passenger side door with. I too have the XE model. It must be the trim levels that have the keyless entry systems that don't have a way to unlock the passenger door with a key.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
OldSalt said:
Coming to M4ck's defense, I too have a keyhole to open the passenger side door with. I too have the XE model. It must be the trim levels that have the keyless entry systems that don't have a way to unlock the passenger door with a key.
Ahaha so there is something we got with the XE that the rest didnt get LOL
That is soo funny. You bunch of KeyHoleless Titans lOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
m4ck said:
...That is soo funny. You bunch of KeyHoleless Titans lOL
Still, I've done the key thing in the past and have to say I'd rather be keyholeless then keyfobless.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
Caltitan said:
m4ck said:
...That is soo funny. You bunch of KeyHoleless Titans lOL
Still, I've done the key thing in the past and have to say I'd rather be keyholeless then keyfobless.
LOL I only have 1 reason to open the passenger side anyway and thats for the old lady. I always unlock the door for her and open it first before I go around to my side. Its the way I was raised and it gives me a chance to have her cornered for some smoochin.
heh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Being cheap does have it's perks, eh M4ck? :idea:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I guess everybodys pet peeve is no key hole on the passenger side door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
m4ck said:
OldSalt said:
Coming to M4ck's defense, I too have a keyhole to open the passenger side door with. I too have the XE model. It must be the trim levels that have the keyless entry systems that don't have a way to unlock the passenger door with a key.
Ahaha so there is something we got with the XE that the rest didnt get LOL
That is soo funny. You bunch of KeyHoleless Titans lOL
Now this is getting really weird because I also have the XE. Maybe there is a difference between the CC and KC? I have the CC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
My bigest peeve is not getting 4x4....Or maybe the seats staining to easy....Bt fixed that by getting covers. :roll:
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top