Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Titan 4x4 with BF Goodrich A/T 33's on stock 18" rims. They look stuffed in the wheel wells.

I just bought adjustable 5100 struts for the front and matching shocks as well as Firestone Ride-Rite airbags for the back. I considered a PRG kit and also add-a-leaf but decided not to go down those roads, mainly for economy.

Now I'm scratching my head wondering what setting to put the struts at. Buddies say go for the full stretch up front and add air to level in the back but I'm worried about a rough ride when the bed is empty. I've searched and read all the forums but there's so many different set-ups my head's in a spin. I carry a 550lb sled in the back all winter but not much in the summer. I'd like the lifted and definitely level look year round, for sure.

All opinions gratefully received!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have mine set all the way up and like it just fine you should be looking good with the new rears and air lift .You will like it. I went with the 2" blocks, air lift would be a softer ride Iam sure.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Like TA, I am running my 5100's at full height. The ride is firm, but comfortable for me, although some think it's a little too firm. I do think that with the fronts at full height and adding air in the rear to level, it may be a bit too stiff with no load. I will soon be switching it up a bit. I am bringing the fronts down to the middle but adding 2" taller springs, and either a 1" block or deavers with prg shackles out back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'm going for the highest setting on the struts. I'll report back on ride quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts