Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really wanting to level out the ride in my 06 Titan 4x4. I have done a little bit of research and it seems like the best way to go about this is to, get the Bilstein 5100 shocks? I have heard just adding the spacers will make your shocks go bad faster? So what is the best method for doing this? If it is the Bilstein shocks, then what shock do I need exactly (part number?)? If you have a link for them that would be great! Also, how much will the two shocks set me back, and what will installation run? Are there any other parts that I will need, or is it just the shocks?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Your post is kind of confusing about what you are asking, but here is what I think you are saying.

You want to buy a leveling kit, and the 5100s for your truck right? I just ordered a PRG leveling kit, and I am going to buy the 5100s. I don't think the Mini lift is going to wear out your shocks much faster if any.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You got it almost right. Except I wanted to just get a set of the 5100's for the front and supposedly they will make it level? If so, what set of 5100's do I need? I see there are several different part numbers for them. But if I go this route do I need any other parts or does the 5100's come with everything?

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
You got it almost right. Except I wanted to just get a set of the 5100's for the front and supposedly they will make it level? If so, what set of 5100's do I need? I see there are several different part numbers for them. But if I go this route do I need any other parts or does the 5100's come with everything?

Thanks
the 5100s alone will not level out your truck. You will need a leveling kit to bring it up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K, sorry I know nothing lifting. So I would need a leveling kit, and then the 5100's since the stock shocks wont be as good. Any clue what the install on this would run?

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Bilstein 5100's are ride-height adjustable from 0.5 to 2.5 inch lift. This is done by relocating the spring perch on the unit. The part number for your truck is: F4-BE5-D185-HO. Price for each unit is $98.41 at shockwarehouse.com. Good luck. There is no need for additional parts. I got them installed at Sears for $50.00 bucks each.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Bilstein 5100's are ride-height adjustable from 0.5 to 2.5 inch lift. This is done by relocating the spring perch on the unit. The part number for your truck is: F4-BE5-D185-HO. Price for each unit is $98.41 at shockwarehouse.com. Good luck. There is no need for additional parts. I got them installed at Sears for $50.00 bucks each.
Thank you very much!! Is your sig picture a pic of the shot with these installed?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes! I got mine installed about 2 years ago. Very smooth ride. I highly recommend using the bilsteins to change the ride height/rake on our trucks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I apologize for giving you false info. I have checked into the Bilsteins, but never read anything about them being adjustable without a leveling kit.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does bilstein sell shocks to raise the back of the truck also?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts