Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love the way they look buy no way in hell i'm cooking my lights i'll kill them.
So is anyone out there wanting to do a set, sell them to me then i'll ship my stocks back to you....then you could do it all over again?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
544 Posts
hmm, bump. im curious too

·
Registered
652 Posts
its actually a lot easier than you think, i was hesitant at first but I have done two pairs, both on different cars and they have came out flawless.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hey Guys,

What exactly is this process? Is it similar to the tail lights I've seen being blacked out? If so, don't you need to worry about the material dripping? Sorry for the questions, just curious.

John

·
Registered
263 Posts
SCMS_JOHN said:
Hey Guys,

What exactly is this process? Is it similar to the tail lights I've seen being blacked out? If so, don't you need to worry about the material dripping? Sorry for the questions, just curious.

John
No. It involves splitting the head lights open, and then sanding down the chrome inner housing and then painting it, then putting them back together. Look at Nick's link, it explains it all very well.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Jon_UT said:
its actually a lot easier than you think, i was hesitant at first but I have done two pairs, both on different cars and they have came out flawless.
i spent 45 mineuts with a heat gun yesterdat trying to get mine apart, the plastic started to melt before the silicone even budged.. im really hesitant to put em in the oven

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
bran761g said:
i spent 45 mineuts with a heat gun yesterdat trying to get mine apart, the plastic started to melt before the silicone even budged.. im really hesitant to put em in the oven
use an oven, takes all but 6-7 minutes to heat up and just pry apart. remember Clear plastic side down on a Cool wet towel

doing this is VERY easy

·
Registered
404 Posts
replacement ones are so cheap on ebay or on the forums, just buy an extra one to try it on first. if you screw up you'll be two things: out about $40-$50 and the first person to do it wrong.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Its easy like they said just follow the instructions. Did to my buddies truck and to his civic when he had it. I think you would really have to do something wrong to melt them. I cant wait for my H.I.D's so I can do it to my truck. You could always buy aftermarket headlights that are already blacked out too.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
bran761g said:
You should NEVER use a heat gun on the headlights. Your taking 800+ degrees and concentrating on one spot. It's sure to melt! The oven is used at low heat and a short duration and heats evenly. I've split two sets of headlights using the same exact steps of my HOW TO and nothing has even come close to melting.

Some people just aren't meant to do this mod.......but for those that are, use the oven, follow my instructions, and the result will be great.

·
Registered
544 Posts
titanse05 said:
You should NEVER use a heat gun on the headlights. Your taking 800+ degrees and concentrating on one spot. It's sure to melt! The oven is used at low heat and a short duration and heats evenly. I've split two sets of headlights using the same exact steps of my HOW TO and nothing has even come close to melting.

Some people just aren't meant to do this mod.......but for those that are, use the oven, follow my instructions, and the result will be great.
hmm, well im gunna give it a try in the oven then! lol great how-to btw

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay so since i will not be doing that to my lights are there really no bodies here that will? I mean 50bucks and my headlights in return? If its that easy why will nobody take me up on this deal? I'll pay shipping both ways too!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
TitanOD said:
Okay so since i will not be doing that to my lights are there really no bodies here that will? I mean 50bucks and my headlights in return? If its that easy why will nobody take me up on this deal? I'll pay shipping both ways too!
To be honest, it's a $100 job minimum. It takes a good bit of time to do. Easy but takes time. I spent 3 hours hand sanding the housing alone.

Steve-0 said:
man that looks good se05. i'd love to do mine but i'm scared of ruining them.
As was I the first set I did, but I bought a extra set off ebay, took my time, and got it done. It's one mod that very few have done.........and I'm glad that I'm in that elite group because the difference it made to the front of the truck is tremendous!

·
Registered
297 Posts
if it has wires, i'll play with it a little, when it comes to heating up plastic then stickin a screw driver in it, almost garrenteed i'm gonna brake something, i'm to rough on things, don;t know how to not be.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
titanse05 said:
To be honest, it's a $100 job minimum. It takes a good bit of time to do. Easy but takes time. I spent 3 hours hand sanding the housing alone.

As was I the first set I did, but I bought a extra set off ebay, took my time, and got it done. It's one mod that very few have done.........and I'm glad that I'm in that elite group because the difference it made to the front of the truck is tremendous!
send me a pair of blacked out stocks and i'll paypal you the 100bux. :thumbsup-big:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts