Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here's my problem, every time I turn the blower on it makes a ticking noise. The blower hasn't cut out or stopped working like others has it just has a loud ticking noise. The blower motor was replaced about a year and a half ago while it was still under warranty. Should I replace the motor again or look into some other cause? If it is the motor, what parts place is good to order from?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You need to replace the blower motor resistor or amplifier as it may be called. You may also need to replace the A/C Blower motor wheel. I've seen the resisters fail due to a bad blower motor even if the motor still runs. I can get you a part number if you need it. just look on ebay or amazon. i dont really know any good auto parts site. rockauto.com, drivewire.com you choose.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
I don't think there is a problem with the resistor, or the blower wheel. It sounds to me that you have a piece of debris in the blower housing. It could be a leaf or twig, or the filter may have come apart and is touching the blower wheel. Pull your filter and inspect it and the blower housing.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Alright here's my problem, every time I turn the blower on it makes a ticking noise. The blower hasn't cut out or stopped working like others has it just has a loud ticking noise. The blower motor was replaced about a year and a half ago while it was still under warranty. Should I replace the motor again or look into some other cause? If it is the motor, what parts place is good to order from?
The ticking sound is the count down timer to Super Bowl 45. It'll stop Monday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts