Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I purchased a BDPP from someone on craigslist. He says he returned truck to stock but that the truck he had used it on is gone because he sold it. Rec'd it today. I plugged it in the PC updated it and looked at the settings fearing the worst. settings, view setting, and this is displayed:

Octane - Stock HP
Speed limiter -109
Rev limiter - 6150
WOT - Stock
Target Timing - 1 deg
Target idle - Not Set

Now...when i press '>' it shows a Vin#, a Part# and Loaded. Does this mean the guy did not remove from stock and do I have to pay to have it unlocked? Any tips advice on what I can do to prevent having to pay if I need to? The guy left his paid receipt in the box. He seemed like a genuine guy and was reluctant to sell it to me unless I felt comfortable. Even ensured I contact Bullydog prior to purchasing. BD reps said as long as vehicle returned to stock its all good.

Pls advise.

BTW I own an 08 Armada

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
But did you plug it into your truck? It looks like it's all back to stock formation but I can't say, even with the VIN# still showing, that it won't work on your truck...of course until you try it. Good luck!

·
Registered
252 Posts
It won't hurt anything, give it a shot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well just attempted to install a tune, and the bad news came, VIN MISMATCH!!!
Damnit! I guess I might have to shell out some extra $$$to get this fixed. Anybody gotta hookup at BULLY DOG or know who I can talk to there that might discount or waive the flashing??
Thanks anyways for explaining a few things. I was hoping that it wasn't installed still, but oh well. What is the proper way to unmarry this from a vehicle? I was told from BD that bringing vehicle to stock doesn't do it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Contacted BD, they hooked it up. Gave me a code which removed the tune :thumbsup-big:

Honestly took 5 seconds...It's amazing that they charge for a fee when all they can do is provide the code for free. But I understand it's a business and they're in it to make money. Glad they understood my dilemma, and obliged when asking for it at no charge. I told them that I read that the PP is allowed one free unlock.
Either way, Marc, you were right. When I viewed the settings initially, it displayed all the stock info, but when i removed the tune and viewed settings, it displayed 'Not Installed'
Asked the BD tech how to unmarry, he told me: You return to where it says install download… and it will give you an option to return to stock
Im sure the seller did, but we will see if this works for me should I decide to sell, or put on another vehicle.

I'm excited about it now. Thanks all for your input.
I'll post updates when i install any tunes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts