Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys/Gals.

This isn't the usual pedal pulse from warped rotors. It is a much higher frequency/less pedal movement pulse. Only happens when I'm on the brake kinda hard.

OK I know I should check the lugnuts (haven't done it yet) but are there any posts about this?

If I can search it out let me know, but I don't think there is a search feature here. Not complaining, I don't want to waste your time if it's here somewhere and I'm missing it.

Hope Everyone has a GoodNite, *

Chief

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
The search feature is right above the banner ad's. on the right side of page. Here is a direct link http://www.clubtitan.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=search
I personally havent had this problem Im sure someone will be able to help. Maybe you need some of the Carbotech Brake pads that Mossy is giving us a group discount on.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
One thing it could be is that you are activating the anti-lock brake system (ABS). It activates under less brake pressure in heavier vehicles than smaller ones. There will be some pulsing and some noise when it automatically activates under hard braking. Drive in an empty parking lot or on an empty road and slam on the brakes to activate it. Keep the wheels straight and note the feel of the pulsing when the ABS is activated. The ABS should not shimmy the truck off-line or cause the steering wheel to vibrate (signs of warped rotors).

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
m4ck said:
The search feature is right above the banner ad's. on the right side of page.
M4ck
:oops: Great, now this is the same way I feel when I have my head stuck in the fridge looking for the ketchup and my wife reaches in and pulls it from under my nose, Thanks M4CK. for some reason the search feature escaped me several times.

Caltitan, I've already tested the ABS out on purpose. It has bigger/less pulse rate than the Hyundai Sante Fe we own, but is better that one I had on the Dodge Ram I owned (rear abs only, pretty crude system.)

I know a lot of oldschoolers don't like the ABS, but I've seen it work well in true emergency situations. Unless the system on the Titan adjusts for light/severe braking, I doubt it's the ABS, comparing it to the test run I did on it.

This minor shudder has been intermittent, I'll have to try to duplicate the shudder and hopefully pin it down. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gonna go do a search now :D

Chief

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Chief I have noticed a slight shudder or judder whichever you prefer on a few occasions. Its not something that happens all the time. I believe it does it more when I stop really fast. I haven't worried to much because I wasn't sure if it may be the road itself. We have terrible roads around here. There is not a level spot around here I don't think. LOL I will keep my eye on this and let you know if it happens again and I'll start paying more attention to it now.
M4ck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts