Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I transferred a Reflex brake control from a Toyota 4 Runner to my '09 Nissan Titan this afternoon. I cut the brake control out of the 4Runner. I had to buy a wiring harness from Nissan for $30. One end of it plugged into the factory installed electric brake control plug found up under the dash. The other end was the loose wires.

The break control has four wires and the wiring harnes for the Nissan had five. I was told not to use the one labled Illumination since the brake control doesn't support that.

I spliced the wires from the brake control into the wiring harness. Everything seems to work okay with the exception of an electronic clicking sound I now hear whenever I apply the brakes while the truck is in park (doesn't do it when it's in Drive, Reverse, or Neutral). I never heard this sound when the break control was hooked up to a Ford truck or the 4Runner.

Any ideas on if this is normal? When I look under the dash, I can see the clicking sound happens when a small white pin is pressed and released by the brake pedal bar. Again though, it only happens when the truck is in park.

I'm assuming I connected the wires correctly as the brake control appears to otherwise work fine. Is this normal for a Nissan Titan or should I take it into a shop to have a professional look at it?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
The click is the solenoid on the shifter lock. Normal, nothing to worry about. It operates whenever the brake is applied.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SCR38. I will trust all is okay. I went ahead and secured the wiring up under the dash and will consider it done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts