Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am new to this forum so thanks in advance for any help you may offer. I have a Reflex electronic brake control (51130 manufactured by CURT) installed in a Toyota 4 Runner that I want to have installed in my NTM 2009 Titan SE. I see the factory installed wiring harness with a plug under the dash in the Titan.

My current brake control was installed in the 2001 4 Runner last year. The 4 Runner didn't have the pre-wired harness. It looks like the brake control installers may have cut the plastic connecting plug off the brake control's wiring and spliced it into a set of four wires. It looks like they then ran three of the wires through and up to the engine area (maybe to the battery?) and the other looks like it is tapped into the stop light swich near the break pedal.

My question are:

- Can I just cut the four wires and bring pull the brake control out?
- What do I do with the loose wires left in the 4 Runner?
- Since the brake control no longer has a plastic connection plug, how do I connect it to the Titan's pre-wired harness and plug

Again, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes you can just cut them, one at a time. Tape ends with electrical tape and zip-tie wires neatly up and out of the way.

You can get a harness from Nissan (about $15) that has a matching plug on one end and bare wire ends on the other. Connect them together as follows:

controller colors (truck harness colors)

White Wire – Ground (B – GND)
Blue Wire - Trailer Electric Brakes (BR / W - BRK OUT)
Black Wire - Positive Terminal on battery (R - Fused B+)
Red Wire - Cold Side of stop lamp switch (R / G - BRK SIG)
No connection - (R / L – ILL)

Every brake controller I have ever seen uses the same 4 colors. Don't know why Nissan couldn't just make it easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.