Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I need some suggestions on what is the best way to keep the brake dust at bay. Is there a better brake setup I can get: IE rotors and pads, or some sort of preventitive I can use before it returns. If anyone has beat this problem, I would like to hear about it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
The Carbotech pads will reduce dust by about 80%. Get them from Greg V at Mossy Nissan, one of our sponsers.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Yeh just what SCR38 said. Visity MossyPerformance.com
The Carbotech's are the way to go. THere are a lot of guys running around here with them.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I would be one of those guys running around with them. They stop better than the stock pads and they shed very little brake dust on the wheels. Got mine from Mossy through the CT group buy we had a couple months ago.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Isn't it a waste to get newer, better pads with the brake issues we are having. I have had my brakes fixed once about 500 miles ago. They put the "upgraded pkg" on my truck.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
04crew said:
Isn't it a waste to get newer, better pads with the brake issues we are having. I have had my brakes fixed once about 500 miles ago. They put the "upgraded pkg" on my truck.
I did not install my pads and add the ss brake lines to solve a brake judder problem, I did it to improve stopping power and pedal feel. I had the original and updated brake TSBs performed already. Prior to installing these pads, I had my rotors measured (by the dealer) to make sure they were not warping again. I also burnished the pads as recommended by Carbotech to help them wear evenly. Now if Nissan's planned fix means my Carbotech pads will not fit the new brake system, then it would be a waste to have to remove a set of better performing pads that cost me $75. As of now, the brakes are dramatically improved and I feel no need to rush off to the dealer to have the new parts put on once they are made available. For me, the Carbotech pads have been a safety improvement over the stock pads, therefore, not a wasted investment. For those experiencing the judder, these pads are not a fix for that but may be able to help prevent it.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
A solution if you are wanting to wait for the upgraded brake kit to come out or are satisfied with the stock brakes currently is to buy the brake dust shields. I believe that our lug pattern matches that of the newer Chevy Silverados. They worked pretty well on my BMW. The brand I used was Kleen Wheels. Just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts