Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have almost 400 miles on my new Titan...mega brake dust on the front...not quite so bad in the back.

It didn't help that lotboy 1 & 2 battled it out @ delivery time to see who could shoot more 'tire SHINE' onto the tires...and wheels.

Will dusting be a concern down the line?

Billy H
D.O.B. 2/25/05
Smoke quad 4WD

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Its a known fact the OEM brake pads on the Titan dust very bad. Lots of guys have gone with the Carbotech pads and have been very happy. You can get them from our sponsor www.mossyperformance.com I am sure there are a few guys here that will tell you how much they like them.
M4ck

·
Registered
893 Posts
The Carbotechs are awesome pads. I swapped mine out a couple days ago and I only have 800 miles. I did it mainly to reduce the dust which it did tremendously. What I found out when replacing the pads was my left caliper was starting to stick because of all the dust. It didn't do that at 200 miles when I replaced my wheels. So I suggest you replace those ASAP. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
I also recently installed the Carbotech pads from Mossy. Not only do they work better than the original pads but they cut the dust by about 80%. You should install them before you get much wear on your rotors. JetTech has a very good post, with pictures, showing the installation. Look here:
http://www.clubtitan.org/postt1185.html

·
Registered
722 Posts
scr38 said:
I also recently installed the Carbotech pads from Mossy. Not only do they work better than the original pads but they cut the dust by about 80%. You should install them before you get much wear on your rotors. JetTech has a very good post, with pictures, showing the installation. Look here:
http://www.clubtitan.org/postt1185.html
Are all the brake systems ya'll are discussing made by Bosch?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Yes, I think all the brakes for the Titans and Armadas are Bosch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts