Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was changing the D/S Front upper control arm today and whilst trying to get one the bolts out I managed to bend one of the hard brake lines a little further than it wanted to go. Since I was already going to swap out one I decided I would just replace all of them. My question to my esteemed peers on this forum is how much pain should I be looking forward to in replacing these? Any and all information will be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

Also, would Harbor Freight brake line wrenches suffice for this job or should I get some "better brand" wrenches?

· Premium Member
2006 Nissan Armada SE 4WD
6 Posts
Brake lines have always been a PITA to break free. Long nose vise grips with a quick "pop" always seems to loosen them. I used a 10 mm with no problems. Try the flare nut wrench on a 10mm-head bolt just to make sure it's not discrepant. Craftsman flare wrench seems to have helped. I still had to go the vice grips route on the one line that I tried different things on. Apparently the bolts on another friend's truck brake lines are a little on the small end of the 10MM scale... but too big for 9.5MM (which is essentially an SAE 3/8" wrench).

The air bleeding process is the real PITA.

Reactions: Sardaukar

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brake lines have always been a PITA to break free. Long nose vise grips with a quick "pop" always seems to loosen them. I used a 10 mm with no problems. Try the flare nut wrench on a 10mm-head bolt just to make sure it's not discrepant. Craftsman flare wrench seems to have helped. I still had to go the vice grips route on the one line that I tried different things on. Apparently the bolts on another friend's truck brake lines are a little on the small end of the 10MM scale... but too big for 9.5MM (which is essentially an SAE 3/8" wrench).

The air bleeding process is the real PITA.
Finally got them done. Just posted a thread about the wonderful air bleeding process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts