Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys I need some help,I had the family in the truck last night and had a Chevy run up my butt so I had to give him a little lesson about messing with a Titan!!!! lol !!!!! I don't think he will be so froggy next time.Ok back to my problem after I smoked him he let up and turned,I had to get on the brakes pretty hard to get in the drive and I think I experenced the brake judder,a little bit of shake and vibration!! Have about 3000 miles!! Is that brake judder?And any news on the fix?Thanks guys!!

Gregg

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Gregg,

I'd take to the dealer and tell them what you experienced. I only felt it once on mine after about 4500 miles or so. The dealer drove it and said it DID have the problem. Replaced my rotors, pads and all associated hardware. No problems since.

Anyway, take in and let them replace it all.

Oh yeah, they did try to turn my rotors first. It only made it worse, then I could feel it. So, they replaced them.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
could it have been your ABS kicking in? Were you on the brakes hard enough that they would lock up?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
I think BiXLL has the answer. If you braked hard the ABS probably activated. This will cause a vibration in the pedal as well as a lot of noise from the ABS system, which is mounted on the firewall next to the master cylinder.
The judder will show up whenever you brake, so if your normal braking is OK then it was the ABS.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,I don;t think it was ABS,it's doing it now with the regular stops!!! It's not real bad but I can feel it!!! I think I need to stop by the dealer!!!!

Gregg

·
Registered
120 Posts
Man, I know what you mean! Mine's vibrating big time and the pedal's going a lot further down than it used to :( . I'm at about 7000 clicks. If that's the ABS i feel a little more comfortable :? but it's still a weird sensation! I gotta get mine in too, busy busy you know ahat i mean? Keep us posted what the dealer says :?: .

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer turned rotors and new pads!! We'll see???

Hey juanacoffee how is the deer hunting where your at????Maybe you could let a fellow Titan owner drop in for at hunt?? LOL!!!!

Gregg

·
Registered
253 Posts
Gregg,

Just to let you know I had my dealership also turn my rotors, it was only a temp fix. Mine is now juddering again. My dealership is ordering me new rotors, the only issue there are so many orders for the rotors that they are now on backorder.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks MrSiLeNT,That's what I have been reading here,I kind of thought it was a temp fix for this problem,If it happens again and I think it will,I'll push for this fix,thanks for the information!!

Gregg :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts