Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed once I got new pads installed (@ 65k miles) I have poor brakes unless I pump the brakes each time after I start the truck. I'm now in the habbit that once I start the truck, I tap the brakes 3 or 4 times before I fully press down and put it in reverse/drive...

Tried bleeding the brakes a few times. 2 times with drain/fill and 1 time a full power flush.

Anyone else have a simular issue?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep followed pattern IIRC rear tire farthest away from booster, and so on..

Not spongy - Just the brakes suck. If I pump them a few quick times after I start the truck each time, they are fine. If I don't, I'm having to work the pedel harder to get the same performance.

rotors are orig. cut within specs by nissan, and pads are OEM

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Are your Caliper slides clean and freshly lubed? Hoses very old? Leaks at Master Cylinder or evident at the Caliper Pistons?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are your Caliper slides clean and freshly lubed? Hoses very old? Leaks at Master Cylinder or evident at the Caliper Pistons?
Yep everything looks great. MC looks solid and I didn't feel any moisture when feeling around it. Hoses are firm with little motion (watched the brakes pumped, hoses didn't expand nearly enough to cause a problem)

·
Registered
9 Posts
went to the dealership yesterday for the VDC off, slip and break light being on and after their diagnostic they told me my ABS pressure sensor is bad, delta stroke sensor is bad and $945+tax to replace booster and $659+tax to replace pressure sensors. WTF what do can I do? it's an 06 LE w/ 56000mi just paid 400+for brakes 6months ago

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.