Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been covered over and over and over. But, I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if Nissan has issued or are going to issue a recall for the brakes and what will be the fix? My brake judder is so bad now that it vibrates my side mirrors. I am almost to the point of feeling unsafe in the truck when I have to brake. There has been a couple of times I've been afraid that I wasn't even going to be able to stop in time. I would take it to my dealer but they don't seem to care about the problem beings I didn't buy it from them. (ended up buying out of state) I'm almost ready to give up. So if anyone could answer that question I would appreciate it.

Thanks as always

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
You need to find a new dealer. I don't understand why they wouldn't want to fix your truck with the temp fix. I thought this is how dealers made thier real money, by doing service and warenty work. Am I wrong? :?

·
Registered
870 Posts
I highly doubt we would ever see any kind of recall on the brake judder. They may issue another TSB for installetion of "improved" parts, but a recall would be way too costly for something that doesn't really affect the safety or performance of our trucks.

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I got the brake job yesterday. It cost nissan $545.00 to fix they gave me new rotors cause mine were heat spotted and warped out of spec. My brakes are great now. The tech said he has heard the rumors of new rotors for the titan but he thought it would be the same size but made from a different material.He also looked at my issue with the air pressure warning for the tires he said every time it drops below 20 deg he gets twenty calls on this alone. Nissan has been great on warrenty in my book!!. Want to complain buy a Dodge!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ModlessG said:
Want to complain buy a Dodge!!
I'm not complaining. I just thinks it's crazy to have spent $24k on a truck that has messed up brakes within the first 5k miles. I knew it was going to have problems beings it was a first year truck. It just gets unnerving when you experience every time you apply the brakes.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kytitan said:
I don't understand why they wouldn't want to fix your truck with the temp fix. :?
I forgot to say that they said they didn't have the on-car lathe at the time when I had it fixed the first time. They didn't happen to tell me that until I came to pick it up. Apparently they just turned them down using a conventional lathe.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
ttammunek04 said:
ModlessG said:
Want to complain buy a Dodge!!
I'm not complaining. I just thinks it's crazy to have spent $24k on a truck that has messed up brakes within the first 5k miles. I knew it was going to have problems beings it was a first year truck. It just gets unnerving when you experience every time you apply the brakes.
I agree it is crazy. I just try to look at it as I'm going to have new brakes on my truck for free when the perm fix finaly comes out.
:dance2:

·
Registered
294 Posts
What I find crazy is its costing Nissan a fortune to fix all those brakes. I saw the work order and mine were $545 to replace the front rotors and Im sure that they will be doing my truck again in 3000 or so miles. I just really hate going to the dealer for anything.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Waranty

Is this problem not covered through Waranty???

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Re: Waranty

mysetitan said:
Is this problem not covered through Waranty???
Yes it is covered.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Spoke to the Service Manager and the word is that July the new parts will be available. Guess I'll opt for the rotor turn again. Should be about ready for it again by July.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like I'll be running mine until July now. Or, I could take it to a different dealer and get them to turn them down, beings the dealer I took it to last didn't have the on-car lathe system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts