Nissan Titan Forum banner

Brighter Fogs?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  TeamMaximus 
#1 ·
Has anybody replaced the OEM fog lamps with something brighter and whiter?
I have Sylvania SilverStars in the headlamps, and would like to change out my fogs for something to match.

The Nissan fog lamps are Number 881, 32 watt bulbs. Sylvania sells a SilverStar 880, 27 watts, and a 893, good for 37.5 watts.

The 880 puts out 565 lumens, while the 893 puts out 990, nearly that of a standard halogen headlight.

Can I use the 880 or 893 in my OEM fog lights?

Thanks,

Greg

#4 ·
QWIKWHIP said:
I have the Silver Star 893's in my fogs. They are a little brighter and whiter but nothing spectacular. I wouldn't use anything higher wattage than that in fear of melting the housings.
Not to hijack this thread but qwik, did you notice a lot of corrosion on the electrical plug to the fog lights? Mine were corroded big time, I had to clean the connectors and then put electrical grease on it to keep it sealed and stop the corrosion. I'm just curious if this is a common thing because if it is we probably need to let everyone know before their fogs quit working.

#5 ·
My Armada SE didn't come with the fogs, but the wiring was there. I just installed the fogs a couple of days ago, and noticed the plugs had some corrosion on the contacts. They had been exposed for 15,000 miles.
When you plug the harness into the fog lights be sure you push the plug all the way in. Notice the red silicone rubber seal on the plugs. When the plugs are pushed all the way in you shouldn't be able to see this seal. It should keep the moisture out.

#6 ·
JetTech said:
QWIKWHIP said:
I have the Silver Star 893's in my fogs. They are a little brighter and whiter but nothing spectacular. I wouldn't use anything higher wattage than that in fear of melting the housings.
Not to hijack this thread but qwik, did you notice a lot of corrosion on the electrical plug to the fog lights? Mine were corroded big time, I had to clean the connectors and then put electrical grease on it to keep it sealed and stop the corrosion. I'm just curious if this is a common thing because if it is we probably need to let everyone know before their fogs quit working.
Well, I can't really say cuz my truck didn't have the fogs. I got them for xmas and after I put them in I changed the bulbs the next week. When I installed them the plugs were fine but my truck only has about 3200 miles on it so everything was squeaky clean still. But, I will defenitly keep an eye on it now that you mentioned it. :)

#7 ·
Yes, I just installed Hella 2500 series fog lamps. They are much much brighter. I will have pics eventually, just need to aim them first. They fit perfect in the stock locations. I learned about them from altimas.net.

TeamMaximus said:
I have Sylvania SilverStars in the headlamps, and would like to change out my fogs for something to match.

The Nissan fog lamps are Number 881, 32 watt bulbs. Sylvania sells a SilverStar 880, 27 watts, and a 893, good for 37.5 watts.

The 880 puts out 565 lumens, while the 893 puts out 990, nearly that of a standard halogen headlight.

Thanks,

Greg

#9 ·
Beast305 said:
Yes, I just installed Hella 2500 series fog lamps. They are much much brighter. I will have pics eventually, just need to aim them first. They fit perfect in the stock locations. I learned about them from altimas.net.

TeamMaximus said:

Thanks,

Greg
Cool Beast, good info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.