Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got my Sherwood kit about a week ago and finally installed it. I wish I would have ordered from burtman. The kit looks great but up close it is very obvious that the pieces are just stuck on the dash. The center console and places around the window/door locks look great but it just feels like "I" did it, not something original. Also, I screwed up one piece around a vent and it's pretty high to get the replacement. Overall I'm pretty pleased with it though.

Sorry the pics are a bit blurry, will try to correct.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Looks nice davo, I just wish they made it with out the cut outs for the Armada climent control and 4x4 switch. Still looks good though. :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I really hated those cut outs. Especially the one where my 4 wheel drive would be. I accidentally pressed it hard to smooth it, then realized there is a huge groove under it so it looks warped. I should be able to fix it though.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Davo said:
Yeah, I really hated those cut outs. Especially the one where my 4 wheel drive would be. I accidentally pressed it hard to smooth it, then realized there is a huge groove under it so it looks warped. I should be able to fix it though.
I agree the 4x4 is the on that bugs me the most. I could handle the ones for the armada climent control.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Right behind ya

Dash kit looks good, I myself just ordered the burshed aluminum kit but I ordered it through ebay. Hope I do it well. You think I needto replace the shift knob to match the kit?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I regret on mine

I finally got the center console missing piece ( long story). I regret mine.

I ordered mine from edashkit.com. All the pieces look "OK" but the center piece had cut out for the label. I called edash to get replacement without the cut out. 3 weeks later, got the replacement. They have it cut out with the "wrong tread" (meaning the stainless steel has "tread/line" on it. Originally, they send me the "horizontal" line. The replacement has vertical line.

I am NOT happy with mine at all. Too late for me now. I can't take them all out.
Davo, yours is lots better than mine. I am so depressing that I don't want to take picture of it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Question for you guys with metallic dash kits - do you get any type of reflection from the center console piece that is on top of dash? I'm talking about glare/reflection onto the windshield/

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Not really.. I didn't pay attention. If it reflect bad then I should know.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't had a bad reflection problem. The windshield is so huge though, I might just be looking past the reflection. I'll check again. I also have some cleaner pics to post.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are some better pics. Just don't mess any pieces up when installing. I had to order 2 small pieces and it's $41! Yikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
Wow, I really like the way that looks! Great job! Is there a coating over it? Also, is it real aluminum or a synthetic material?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Is it just the photo or are the cut outs on the shifter not big enough for P R and N?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The cut outs are the exact size. This bothered me as well but I got to looking and the letters were off to the side to begin with. It is the Real Aluminum kit but does not have a coating that I can see, other than my finger prints. Man, it shows those very easily!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's not too tough to keep clean. I keep a microfiber towel in the truck and just wipe it off periodically. But don't get me wrong, it is nothing like the original dash which never shows anything, it will show fingerprints!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Davo,

I think it looks good. How do you think it will hold up over the long term?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think it will hold up for a good while. That 3M adhesive is some serious stuff. I think that if I tried to take it off it would probably take 1/2 the dash with it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Man thats sweet. Where did u get it?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts