Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a short 3 month wait, I received my new bumper from http://www.buckstop.biz/nissan_classic.html. This bumper exceeded all of my expectation. Very good quality, fit, and finish.

Please note that this is one of the first Buckstop bumpers produced for the TITAN.

I want to thank (again, can't do it enough) CoyoteSniper for all of the help installing this massive +/- 190lbs bumper (without winch).
:udaman:

The bumper came well packaged on a pallet with a box to protect the contents. I was like a kid at x-mas.

Installing the bumper required the removal of the grill, bumper, and bumper end supports. Please note that I reused the supports to mount my Radflo 2.5 coil over reservoirs on.

PICT1490.JPG

CoyoteSniper can elaborate on the removal and reinstallation of the grill.

Once all of the brackets were installed, the bumper went on will little effort; if you don’t have a 6” lift. If you have a 6” lift, some minor “lifting” maybe required.

The bumper is designed with lots of vertical adjustment, the horizontal alignment of this bumper was right on.

I installed KC Hilites 150 Watt Sealed Beam lights that fit like the light buckets were made for them. The brackets have enough adjustment to fit most any 6” light.

Much awaited pictures:

Before.JPG After.JPG

Titan Buckstop #1.JPG Titan Buckstop #2.JPG Titan Buckstop #3.JPG

In the field: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmptnt1sIYs

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
That looks very nice, do you how much it weighs? Also, was there any cutting required on the front of the frame rails, or does it just bolt on after the stocker is removed?

·
Registered
618 Posts
That thing is bad***!!!! I want one. Do you know if it will be a production piece? How much did yours cost?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I like it a lot!, but dang thats heavy! lol. does look mean though

and after watching the video i really like the stance your trucks got with the wheel/tire combo!

·
Registered
637 Posts
that thing is bad i want one

·
Registered
322 Posts
Im sorry, I think that thing looks hidious. sorry man, nothing person. it just really takes away from the titans agressive look. to each their own though

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jaho1979 said:
That looks very nice, do you how much it weighs? Also, was there any cutting required on the front of the frame rails, or does it just bolt on after the stocker is removed?
No cutting was required, if fact there are tapped holes in the front of the frame rails that were not used for anything...looks like Nissan was actually thinking of the aftermarket. The other bracket uses the original bumper mounting holes.

PICT1442.JPG

Does anyone know what this mounting point was originally for?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1badD-END said:
Im sorry, I think that thing looks hidious. sorry man, nothing person. it just really takes away from the titans agressive look. to each their own though
I didn't get it for looks, I got it for function. My original bumper was no more that a piece of tin (already banged up too). I actually cracked the plastic hitting a snow drift last winter.

·
Registered
322 Posts
well, I was actually in awe of how many people thought that looked good. sorry man. I understand why you got it, but damn. lol

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I'm not sure what bad1d is talking about. Your trucks looks real aggressive with this bumper. I bet if you would see him coming on your rearview mirrow you would move get and out they way ...

·
Registered
853 Posts
I think It looks pretty mean. I imagine you could throw a winch on it??? The only thing that It looks like you need now is some more aggressive tires to go with that killer front end! I would almost want to ram into some wild animal on a dirt road with that thing just to try it out.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nmbronewinner said:
I think It looks pretty mean. I imagine you could throw a winch on it??? The only thing that It looks like you need now is some more aggressive tires to go with that killer front end! I would almost want to ram into some wild animal on a dirt road with that thing just to try it out.
Wheels, tires, and flares are in the works. There are a lot of deer here, one of the reasons I put it on, at least 5 of my coworkers have hit deer on the way into work.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I like it, minus the grille guard as I stated in another thread. You really need some larger tires. That bumper makes them look even punier. When is the winch coming?

Oh, forgot to add....I'm jealous!!!

:zunge2-big:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
54warrior said:
I like it, minus the grille guard as I stated in another thread. You really need some larger tires. That bumper makes them look even punier. When is the winch coming?

Oh, forgot to add....I'm jealous!!!

:zunge2-big:
These are the wheels and tires I have been looking at...

8023_sm.jpg

procomp_xtreme_mt_2.jpg

I will add a winch in a little while, gotta get the truck just how i want it to look. The bumper should flow well with a set of Bush Wacker Painted flares.

·
Registered
322 Posts
d0va said:
I'm not sure what bad1d is talking about. Your trucks looks real aggressive with this bumper. I bet if you would see him coming on your rearview mirrow you would move get and out they way ...

uhhhh....not so much.

besides it takes away from the agressive look the factory front end has and just covers it with an obscure hunk of metal. but, like he said, didnt get if for looks soooooooo.....

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Sent you a PM WyoTitan

1 - 20 of 60 Posts