Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have an 04 titan and i thought a chrome bull bar would look really good on the front of my titan. my concern is my front license plate bracket and plate sit pretty low on the front of the titan and would most likely be covered up by a bull bar assembly. any ideas? i live in illinois and im pretty sure a front plate is required but i don't know how the state feels about technically having a front license plate but covered up by a bull bar. advise?

·
Registered
317 Posts
hmmm, never thought about that. i live in CA and they do require 2 plates. the only way to be exempt from that is if your front bumper does not have mounting for one like my civic. i am also looking to get a westin bull bar. btw i think it will require removing the plate and bracket to install. it would be pointless to have it behind anyways as you wouldnt be able to see it. i honestly dont think a cop would think about it, but i have seen ppl put plates on the bull bar itself. dont know how they mount it though....zip ties maybe

in my profile pic is when it was new and i didnt have plates yet...so i took the bracket off until i got them

·
Registered
88 Posts
Some of the manufacturers sell an optional plate relocation kit.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I drilled two holes in skid plate( one that comes with bull bar) and put plate on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts