Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody put these on their Titan yet? I was told that you would have to cut away the plastic squares in the rails and they don't fit.

Any body have them or pics?

Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've wondered the same thing. I looked into getting two sets of the bull ring tiedowns from my line-x dealer who would have installed them for me. When they looked at the stake hole underneath the plastic rail cover, they said bull-ring tie downs are designed to "grab" on the right and left side of the stake pocket. They said on the Titan there is not enough room on the outside edge of the stake pocket and on the Titan the tie-down would need to "grab" on the front and back side of the stake pocket for the attachment to be secure.

At the time I took the website information from the bull-ring tiedown manufacturer and e-mailed them with an explaination of the problem and asked if they might be making bull-ring tiedowns for Titans but I never receive an e-mail response from them. At the time Titans had only been out for about four months so there were not nearly enough Titan owners to make it cost effective for them to adjust their design so the bull ring tiedowns would fit a Titan.

Youre correct that the square indentation on the plastic rail would have to be cut out.

I would be very interested in hearing the reply from anyone else that might have looked into this.

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well... I bought some and am going to try to make them work this weekend.... I'll let you know....

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got mine to fit. The front ones fit just fine, but you have to do some work to get the back ones to fit.

I had to grind away with a dremel and a carbide cutting bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thanks for posting your installation. I'm glad to hear that you were able to make the bull ring tiedown fit. I have a question though, the photo bullring2.JPG appears to be either bent or distorted. Is that an optical illusion or is the flat metal chrome plate bent?

This same manufacturer makes a bull ring specifically for the Tundra and it looks really good in the photos, almost like it came that way from the factory. I wish they would make a similar retractable tiedown for the Titan.

I'm going to wait a while longer to see if anything develops before I install a tiedown as I haven't had an urgent need for them so far.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, they do kind of bend down and they aren't as aesthetically pleasing as I'd like them to be, but I mainly just need the functionality they provide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to say that this is helping people years down the road. I hope you're all still doing well in these strange times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts