Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2004 titan. engine mods are throttle body spacer,cold air intake, and flowmaster.I plan on doing more here and there when the cash is there. Im looking at bully dog for $399 and also uprev. Any suggestions. Not to sure on what to look for on uprev web page. lots of options. and is uprev something i can do my self, or do i need to take it in somewhere?

·
Registered
400 Posts
$399? Wow. I only paid $300 for my Bully Dog GT (BDGT) and Blend Mount. Do some forum tolling prior to spending that kind of cash. Also, try www.titantalk.com 's forums. You might find one there. As far as Uprev or BDGT, I only bought the BDGT because Uprev doesn't make a program for the Mac. My thoughts are, if you can come up with the extra, go ahead and get what you really want. I'm waiting on my Injen CAI right now. I was going to save money and buy a Volant, but I really wanted the Injen, so I spent the extra dough.

As for the Uprev page, your going to want the Osiris - Tuner. It'll cost you $700 new, but you can usually find someone selling one on the forums for around $600. Once again, go trolling both sites and see if you can find one for sell from a member.

With the BDGT, it is extremely easy to setup, however, that is also the problem is that you must use their tuning.

With the Uprev, you can download custom tunes as well as make up your own, but there is no display other than your laptop with the Uprev.

The BDGT comes with its own display that you can mount and watch everything. If you add the blend mount with the BDGT, you can mount it above your review and see everything perfectly.

Like I said, if Uprev made the software work on a Mac, I'd sell my BDGT and buy an Uprev. For now I'm happy with my BDGT.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If you don't have a laptop to use, then don't get Uprev. If you have a laptop and plan on doing some more serious mods like headers or cams, then get Uprev

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I got a 2004 titan. engine mods are throttle body spacer,cold air intake, and flowmaster.I plan on doing more here and there when the cash is there. Im looking at bully dog for $399 and also uprev. Any suggestions. Not to sure on what to look for on uprev web page. lots of options. and is uprev something i can do my self, or do i need to take it in somewhere?
Bully Dog is only for 2005-2010 Nissans.

·
Registered
400 Posts
^^^^ Ya that's right. I heard that Bully Dog will not work on a 2004. If that's the case, you'd need to change your post to Superchips Cortex or Uprev. I think that Hypertech will work with 2004, but I'm not completely sure.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just bought the bullydog triple dog gt for $355 at autoanything. $399 every where else I looked. Hope it works well and will post the results when it get here.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I have nothing bad to say about the bullydog gt tuner. I love it!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
What unit requires you to be plugged into the ECU for it to work, (other than when the tune is being installed)?

As far as I know, they all work similar fashion, but UpRev is laptop based for its hardware. BTW, UpRev has announced multiple major upgrades coming this summer. Should be interesting!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i didnt think the bully dog gt was a reflash device
but i will stick with my decision on saying the uprev is a much better device and will allow you to get more power from your truck than a bully dog gt
there are a few tuners out there that require you to have them pluged in at all times most of them are afc's (air fuel controllers)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.