Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent an email to Bully Dog customer support, the unit I received isn't reading DTC codes for "08" titan, SES illuminated, not malfunctioning [bank 1&2, 02 sensors]

Here is the response.

To get a refund you will need to get together with your dealer that you purchased it through. The power pup is probably not malfunctioning. As it can only read a range of DTC's.

Karl Rudolph
Bully Dog
Tech Support

I thought for this kind of money it should read all the DTC's like the Bully dog web page touts that it does.

Anyway, just thought I'd share

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TexasTitan05 said:
you can tell that they don't go the extra mile to help out their customers..
Not in this case thats for sure, It may be possible that in their rush to get 08 09 titan support to market they left some stuff out intending to fill in the gaps later through updating, but if that was the case they would have said as much...no?
I can only assume that the "all" power pups are unable to read "all the codes"

....pretty expensive 2* timing advance.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You have used it for more than just advancing the timing on your truck i hope?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FLtitanmike said:
You have used it for more than just advancing the timing on your truck i hope?
I need to be able to read the DTC codes and erase them, The power pup seems to do everything else it claims too, I needed some kind of tune [post headers]
so I basically bought it for 2* timing advance & read & erase the SES . When uprev offers support for 08-09 titan, I'll get rid of the power pup.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm asking if you are using the BD for more than just doing the timing advance on your truck. Did you reflash the ecu to the regular or premium tune and remove the WOT restriction? I haven't had any codes to check so i don't know how well it works for that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FLtitanmike said:
I'm asking if you are using the BD for more than just doing the timing advance on your truck. Did you reflash the ecu to the regular or premium tune and remove the WOT restriction? I haven't had any codes to check so i don't know how well it works for that.
Sorry about that, The answer is no not really, I did run the truck on regular tune & gas 87 octane, then 89 octane, didn't notice difference, then 91 octane, runs best on 91, I didn't record gas/mileage before or after, I'm pretty sure I'm getting better mileage, my truck is a 4x4 so there was no throttle restriction, when I flashed the program into ecu the settings say 2* advance , so I assume the advance is part of the tune, then I went into options and set advance 2*, settings stay the same.
I'm sure it reads DTC's, just not the ones setting off my SES.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
If you added the two degree advance before flashing to a tune, it will be added on to the new tune selected. If current settings show 2, than it was already added on at an earlier time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Up at my shop I am always on the phone with bully dog. They do take a long time to respond to stuff but that is beacuse they are way under staffed. Only 3 people is all they have for tech support. And when you actually get ahold of them normally good at getting problem fixed. I sell any where from 15-25 BD's a week.

Also last time I ialked to them they said there is spost to be a new download for the titan soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts