Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I ordered a Bullydog GT Tuner, it shoud arrive Thursday and I can't wait, but i have a question. I was reading the instruction manual online and it states the Tuner comes with a power cord that is only necessary with some applications.

so my question is, is the Titan one of the models where the power cord has to be used or will it get power from the OBD-II port?

I'm trying to figure out how much time to put aside for the mounting and wiring part of the installation.

Thanks in advance
James

·
Registered
183 Posts
You have to use the power cord with the Titan, It took me about 45 min for install mine. It all depends on how you want to run the wires and where you want to mount it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
mine powered up with out the chord, it just stay powered on the whole time. But they have a switch on the side of the piece that plugs into the obd II. i just use that to shut it on and off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I installed it using the fuse box in the cab, on the passenger side, the instructions it says to wire to a power with the key on only, so I used the radio fuse, and ran the wire behind the glove box and followed the gaps in the trim and the wire is completely hidden all the way to OBD.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I found an ignition wire under the dash beside the plug and spliced in there.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Just plug it into the OBDII port. Then turn it off and on with the switch on the plug head, that plugs into the port like Shiftrus said. There is no need to run the extra wire, unless you want it to tirn on and off with the truck. If you want to manually turn it on and off you don't have to do anything but plug it in the obdII port, which you have to do to get readings anyway

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, i installed it yesterday using the switch on/off on the OBD-II plug method and wow what a difference this has made to the truck, feels like a whole new truck now!!

thanks again

·
Registered
334 Posts
so which is better this new bullydog tuner or uprev!?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
The BD is good for trucks with minor modifications. But for more advanced mods, such as long tube headers, custom exhaust systems and cams, UpRev is the only way to go.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
The bullydog is sweet, but can not custom tune, only adjust timing SLIGHTLY. The cool thing, is you can adjust the throttle sensitivity, which I think Uprev should incorporate if they haven't already

·
Registered
334 Posts
well good i have been out of "the game" for a while and trying to get back up to speed

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Yeah you were heading out of the game, when I came in, and I've been around for a few years now lol....Good to see you back, you had one of the first fast Titans with a lot of mods

·
Registered
334 Posts
well thanks man i got out because of all the drama and nit picky things being said

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
I remember....

·
Registered
334 Posts
i hope some of them have either left or matured

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
i hope some of them have either left or matured
There's a lot of guys that where here when I first got on that are not here anymore...welcome back, I think you got off when about the time I got on ...ish

·
Registered
334 Posts
hey man nice lookin truck btw

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Paparyno,

hey man nice lookin truck btw
I sure would like to see & ride in your Titan next time I'm over in the Penscola area..... I'm from Atmore, but now live in Lafayette, La. Always going back home to Atmore to see family....... maybe one day we can meet up somewhere over there......

Ricky

·
Registered
334 Posts
that sounds good just hit me up with a pm

1 - 20 of 23 Posts