Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the bullydog programmers a good step towards performance for my truck? I dont want to spend like thousands of dollars on things to make my truck add a little bit of horsepower and get up and go. Any suggestions on what i should buy as to adding torque and more horsepower that wont completely break the bank?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Are the bullydog programmers a good step towards performance for my truck? I dont want to spend like thousands of dollars on things to make my truck add a little bit of horsepower and get up and go. Any suggestions on what i should buy as to adding torque and more horsepower that wont completely break the bank?
Pick up a used BDPP or Superchips handheld programmer, CAI and Magnaflow muffler swap. You should be able to add all three mods for $200, $250, $150, and that $600 total will drop almost a full second off your 1/4 mile time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought a CAI and have flowmasters. What is a BDPP?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I just bought a CAI and have flowmasters. What is a BDPP?
Bully Dog Power Pup. The Flowmaster was not a good performance choice. Ideally, you want a straight through muffler design.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O duh i gotcha. and i didnt put the flowmasters on for performance i just put them cuz the guy at the muffler shop sold them to me cheap and i liked them better than stock. So should i go back and see if he has magnaflow mufflers?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
O duh i gotcha. and i didnt put the flowmasters on for performance i just put them cuz the guy at the muffler shop sold them to me cheap and i liked them better than stock. So should i go back and see if he has magnaflow mufflers?
They put two Flowmasters on and not one dual in single out muffler? Do you know what Flowmaster series number they are?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have no clue ha i never asked. I wasnt even there when he put them on.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Superchips Cortex or Hypertech are good tuners as well. I had a Hypertech, but sold it because it didn't do the 2 degree advance. If you want to wake up your truck, that's one thing that you want to do. I have the Bully Dog GT (BDGT) now and love it. In a few years I might add a carputer to the truck and install an Uprev but the BDGT works well for the mods I have. Here's a picture with the Blendmount.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx im working on getting a superchips. i already bought a CAI and i think next im going to get magnaflow exhaust and maybe some headers or something

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think you'll like the Superchips. THose that have it seemed to be happy with it. I haven't tried that one.

·
Registered
334 Posts
superchips is great, that and bully dog are best bang for buck but I like the mounting bracket for dash on BDPP, superchips just sits there.screen seems harder to read too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts