Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Titan into the dealer today to have the brake TSB done. I never realized just how bad my brakes were until I had it done, they are smooth as butter now. When I took the truck in this morning, I had a fairly good sized dent on my rear bumper, that had been there for a couple months. I never bothered getting the dent fixed because well... its a truck, and dents and scratches don't really bother me that much. The dealer calls me to let me know its ready to be picked up but says they had a problem and had to replace the rear bumper. I think he was really surpised that I didn't even ask why and just said Ok, I'll come pick it up. I got there and he explained that they were parking my truck on the back lot when it was done and it slid on some ice and tapped a concrete pole and scuffed up some of the chrome. I don't think I would have noticed it, and even if they called and asked me I don't think I would have cared about getting a new bumper. I did walk out of there with a little more respect for the service dept. than I had before. They were very apologetic and explained every little detail about what happened. Now I just wonder how long its going to take to dent this new bumper. :D

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
You shoulda kept the old one too. Then you could have had a spare.
M4ck

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
This is the way service is supposed to work. I would be recommending that place to all my friends.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually if they would have called me before they replaced, I would have asked for a non-chrome one, that would be one less shiny thing I have to worry about getting rid of on my Truck.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Maybe I could get a new hood. I took delivery with a ding and haven't had the chance yet to get it popped out. Been in there over a year. Do you guys even think it would come out? or do I just need to buy a bug deflector? It's right on the front edge directly above the hood latch.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Bug Guard.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
yup, have to agree with LDO.....bug gaurd and forget about it. I have 2 little creases in mine that you have to look sideways at in the sun just to see. The bug gaurd does an excellent job of covering them up and keeping anyone from putting more in it. That edge can be dented/creased by just closing the hood to hard....

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
ttammunek04 said:
Maybe I could get a new hood. I took delivery with a ding and haven't had the chance yet to get it popped out. Been in there over a year. Do you guys even think it would come out? or do I just need to buy a bug deflector? It's right on the front edge directly above the hood latch.
Just cover it up with the bug deflector. The deflector will help guard aganst more chips and dents that you may get.

·
Registered
320 Posts
JetTech said:
yup, have to agree with LDO.....bug gaurd and forget about it. I have 2 little creases in mine that you have to look sideways at in the sun just to see. The bug gaurd does an excellent job of covering them up and keeping anyone from putting more in it. That edge can be dented/creased by just closing the hood to hard....
Yeah that's what happedned to me. I slammed the hood too hard on the day I went and got her. But, the salesman thought that it was always in there. Thanks for the info guys. Looks like bug shield for me.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
NateL said:
Took my Titan into the dealer today to have the brake TSB done. I never realized just how bad my brakes were until I had it done, they are smooth as butter now. :D
I had my brake TSB done today. It's so nice that jujujujuddar is gone, it's like haveing a knew truck agian. Big surpise though the head of the service department came over and said that there will be a real fix out soon. That I should be geeting a letter in the mail in the next month are so.

:roll: Like we haven't already heard about this. Does anybody know when the the real fix will be here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts