Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked my front brake rotor's/pad's today & they are toast! The pad's are about down to nothing! Although, the Duralast "C-Max" brake pad's i installed last time worked great, they didn't last long at all w/ the extra rolling mass of the 22"s... So this time i'm buying some new rotor's too! I really wish i could afford a big brake kit to help stop this Beast! The '05 OEM brakes just don't cut it! I'm looking for some thing better w/o the huge price tag of a BB kit.

I'd like to get some opinion's from people who have aftermarket rotor's on their Titan? What your experience has been like since you installed them?

Powerslot?
Frozen Rotor's?
EBC?
...etc.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i've heard really good things about the frozen rotors. don't have them personally YET. can't go wrong with some good ebc pads.

·
Registered
334 Posts
try Brakeproformance.com I did new fronts drilled and slotted with pads for about 225 shipped.

·
Registered
334 Posts
to answer your ? been on about 10000 miles no problum stop s very well

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's guy's! I haven't decided yet on which ones to get. Here are the choices i have to choose from:

The EBC Gold Zinc-Coated 3GD Sport's w/ EBC "Yellow Stuff" Pad's
...or...
The Powerslot "Cryo's" w/ Hawk LTS Pad's
...or...
Frozen Rotor's Street Sport "Cryo's" w/ Hawk LTS Pad's

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone... Bueller... Bueller...

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
334 Posts
speeds good but you gotta STOP! every now and then

those look Bad A.. go for it!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been reading review's all morning & i heard that DBA's customer service is pretty bad, since their half way around the world in Australia. I don't want to have to deal w/ that if something ever comes up. I decided to just go w/ some regular Powerslot's & Hawk LTS Pad's. I'm sticking w/ an American Made company, so if there's ever a problem it will be a lot less hassle. Plus, i read a bunch of great review's about them from people w/ SUV's & truck's. I'm not going to bather getting the "cryo's". I need them ASAP &you have to wait an extra week to get them treated.

This is the beast price i've found:
http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Brakes/Power-Slot-Slotted-Brake-Rotors/_Nissan-Titan-2005

I'm going to try to get them ordered today hopefully. :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
brakeproformance.com good company great brakes good prices

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ordered a set of "slotted" Frozen Rotor's w/ Hawk LTS's! Glad that's over with! Buying brakes is a PITA!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK, not trying to thread jack but I just came on to ask the same question. I'm not looking for any high performance etc. There is a company on Ebay that sells a four wheel kit of rotors and pads for $206 called brakelabs. Anybody have any experience with them?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've never heard of them myself. I do know when a deal sound's too good to be true, there's usually a catch though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts