Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Titan, 4x4 with CC33 and e-lockers, 140,000 miles. Have absolutely loved the truck since the day I bought it. Developed a clunk in the rear end a month ago and the rear end is shot. My mechanic won't rebuilt it....and neither will any other shop in town. And I mean any other shop, I spent 4 hours on the phone calling them. My mechanic wanted to replace it with a rebuilt rear but the only one we found was $2400. I wanted to go the used route and after another half day scouring parts sites located one a couple of hours away. Drove to pick it up, took it to my mechanic, he says it's the wrong rear end and that the cables come out on the wrong side. Called the yard I bought it from they sent a picture of the B pillar tag that says it's a C33. The guy at the yard is confused about what the problem is and why my mechanic can't swap the cables around and told me that if I'll take the truck to him they will put the rear end in the truck at their garage right down the road. I've searched and haven't found anyone mentioning this problem before and I haven't actually laid eyes on it to know what the difference is. I do have the photos I attached that I took just to help locate the part.

So, is there a problem putting a 2008 rear in a 2006? Does the photo of the 2008 rear end look like a 2008 rear? i think it does, I don't see any issues, but this is out of my mechanical abilities so i just want to make sure I'm not towing the truck two hours away and leaving it for a week just to get disappointed again. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts