Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working in the woodshop today and had to go outside and I see my front windows completely rolled down and it was snowing. I had the keyless entry remote in my pocket and somehow pushed the button without knowing it. Only a little snow in the cab but enough to frustrate me. Just curious if this feature can be disabled. I do not have Nav so I can't check to see if it is user selectable.
Thanks Chris 8)

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Yes, this feature can be disabled. Since you don't have the Nav system you will need to go to your dealer. They can disable the feature using the Consult II.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
You can roll down your windows with keyless entry?? Must be different then mine....or am I missing something???

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Rossi said:
You can roll down your windows with keyless entry?? Must be different then mine....or am I missing something???
You should be able to do it also. You just push the unlock button and hold it until they roll all the way down.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Well what do you know....it works! Makes me wonder what other little things this thing does that I haven't figured out yet.

Although my wife thinks I'm completely insane now!! Like a little kid....COME HERE!!! YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!!

Then I realized....I can't roll them up!!! Crap...time to get dressed and go outside.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Rossi said:
Well what do you know....it works! Makes me wonder what other little things this thing does that I haven't figured out yet.

Although my wife thinks I'm completely insane now!! Like a little kid....COME HERE!!! YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!!

Then I realized....I can't roll them up!!! Crap...time to get dressed and go outside.
LOL, reminds of that Volkswagen commercial were the guy drags his wife out and makes her watch him roll the window down with the key. :) You can also do it with the key in the Titan. The remote only rolls them down, but the key rolls them up or down. :)

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Ok...you can't stop there....how does the key roll them up and down???? Man...I guess I better read my manual again....and really...I did read it!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Rossi said:
Ok...you can't stop there....how does the key roll them up and down???? Man...I guess I better read my manual again....and really...I did read it!
Sorry, I left that part out huh? :) Just put the key in the door and turn it and hold it, to the left rolls up, to right rolls down. (or vice versa, not sure)

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
You know....I don't think I have ever actually placed the key in the door yet.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
here's something else to try...

take your cell phone out to your Titan, have someone call you (they have your keyfob) and have them unlock it with the remote --- through your phone connection.

Does it work? I couldn't get it to. A friend of mine here at work, swears he's works like that on his chevy....surely not.

Let me know your results :wink:

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
HHHMMMM...I'll try it....but I would be shocked to see it work. I imagine it works by radio waves...you cell phone won't re-transmit these. But I could be wrong...I'll try....hold on...I'll try right now.

Ok I placed my cell phone in the front seat and called it from the house....answered it ofcourse. Went inside the house and out back so I knew I was far enough for the remote to not reach the truck. I pushed the button 10-20 times in my cordless phone. Went arround front and it was not unlocked.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
If I wouldn't have known the remote can roll down the windows I can see a problem. Say I'm standing outside and all of a sudden my windows would have rolled down. Not knowing the remote could do this and not knowing that in my pocket it is being pressed...I would have been at Nissan throwing a HUGE fit about something strange going on with my truck....damn windows just roll down by themselves...possessed or something. LoL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts