Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M4ck, I'm trying to upload a couple of new pictures to my album, and I'm getting an error that says "Destination directory modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10288/ is not writable by the script" ! I selected my gallery, and then clicked on Upload Pictures. I selected a pic that I wanted to upload, and got the error. Tried it both from Admin and User mode, and got the same error both times. Problems with Coppermine, or am I doing something wrong? The pics are small; around 40k each.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Not really sure buddy I just uploaded a picture to your folder no problem. Maybe try to log out of the site. Then clear your cookies and cache then log back in and try again. let me know what happens.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just tried again and got the same error. I think I know what it is; I loaded a free privacy program suite onto my machine since I uploaded the original album pics, and since I installed that freeware, I can't upload any pics. I'll uninstall it and try again later. If that's the cause of the problem, I'll let you know so that you can post the name of the program to prevent others from having the same problem.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I just tried uploading again after I deleted that software last night; no joy. I don't know what the deal is. I guess I'll figure it out sometime. I must have enabled or disabled something. Aren't computers fun?

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
If others are having this problem please let me know. I am trying to figure out whats happening. I myself am not having any problems.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I just did a picture without any problems.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Well I tried it under another account that is not an admin and I too had problems. Let me work on this. Ill get back to you guys.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
OldSalt and ETTitan please try again and let me know what happens. I think I figured out the problem but it only effects some people. Hopefully its fixed. let me know.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey buddy, I just read your post above and just now tried it again at 9:26 p.m. MST, and it didn't work. Got the same error message that I listed above. I had sent you a PM about 20 minutes ago saying that I was still having problems. I'll leave you alone until you can determine what is up.
Let me add one thing that might help with your troubleshooting. When I log in and then go to the forums, if I scroll down to the bottom of the main forum page, I'll see my handle as being online. If I go to a particular thread to browse or post, the blurb "Users browsing this forum" doesn't show me as doing so. If I log out and log back in, then it will show me browsing a forum. Don't know if that will spark any ideas, but I thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
M4ck, I know I said I'd leave ya alone, but I wanted to try attaching a pic to this post to see if it works. Maybe that will narrow the problem down to just the albums.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Ok I know the problem. The albums some how do not have the proper permissions to write to the albums but I can't seem to change the permissions. Usually I just have to CHMOD the directory to the proper permission level. Thing is it wont let me though. I am gonna have to do some diggin around.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Well I know now that it was something I did. But I still havent figured out how to fix. Give me some time and I'll come up with something.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Alright I got this thing nailed down. It is taking a while to get every folder fixed manually though. Its the only way I know how to fix it though. Yours should be working now OldSalt and the rest soon.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's working now, M4ck. Thanks!! Can't figure a way to do a global fix? Perhaps you'll find one before you have to do all of the albums separately. Thanks again. :D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
m4ck,

I'm getting the following file upload error message with the gallery like others had a while back.

Critical error
Destination directory modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10122/ is not writable by the script !

Just PM me when you want me to try again.

Chris

·
Registered
171 Posts
m4ck said:
If others are having this problem please let me know. I am trying to figure out whats happening. I myself am not having any problems.
I'm having the same problem unable to update my album. Also how do I upload to change my avatar? Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
gr8TITAN said:
m4ck said:
I'm having the same problem unable to update my album. Also how do I upload to change my avatar? Thanks
Just uploaded my avatar and uploaded to my albums m4ck. I appreciate everything you're doing. PEACE

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
gr8TITAN said:
m4ck said:
so you got it working right?
just making sure looks like you did.
M4ck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts