Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would have to say yes, seeing as driving without cats is illegal in every state, with or without emissions testing. No shops will do it for you, I asked around for my old mustang, so you'd have to do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Well........you can find a shop like I did......BUT they are really hard to find

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found a local shop that would do it for 40bucks ..im going to do that and add a xpipe ill try to post some video when i get it done ..

·
Registered
60 Posts
i found a local shop that would do it for 40bucks ..im going to do that and add a xpipe ill try to post some video when i get it done ..
Awesome, let us know how it goes. Maybe people just don't care anymore, its been a few years since I've tried to have them taken out. Should be a mean setup though.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Its going to be way louder. ..you have headers?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Since the primary cats are welded to and are a part of the exhaust manifolds it isn't a simple job to remove them. There is no way a shop is going to remove all four cats, fabricate the necessary piping to modify the manifolds and rebuild the B pipes for $40.00.
You will be illegal in all 50 states, and won't pass any state inspection, will void at least the exhaust warranty for very little gain in performance. IMO not worth it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
walker B-pipes for 40 bucks yea , but the front cats I dont think so!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Yeah don't do it then. .I only did it because I have JBA's but you have stock headers so its going to be more than 40$......Its not worth doing with stock headers.
Just do the cats in the back until you get some

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea it would be 80 for all 4 but lets say my transmission gose out or my rear end .will it avoid the warranty just by removing the cats ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts