Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So, I went to get gas yesterday & got home & went to park my Titan, and the my check engine light came on. I grabbed my scanner & scanned it. I came up with code P0116, with no pending codes. This is exactly what the scanner said...

P0116 engine coolant temp ckt Rng/Perform

I looked online & that code is for the coolant temp sensor, apparently. I called the dealer to see how much the sensor is. $49.61 + tax, but the parts guy told me that the coolant temp sensors usually don't go & the last time he sold one was in 2005. I have about 37k on the truck now, so I am just out of warrenty. Nissan wants an insane amount of money to diag & fix it. Other than the CEL being on, the truck runs beautifully. No problems with over heating or anything. I checked the coolant level & that is good. Do you guys have any thoughts? Do you know where the sensor is located on the Titan? Any info you have will be a big help. Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Hi All,

So, I went to get gas yesterday & got home & went to park my Titan, and the my check engine light came on. I grabbed my scanner & scanned it. I came up with code P0116, with no pending codes. This is exactly what the scanner said...

I looked online & that code is for the coolant temp sensor, apparently. I called the dealer to see how much the sensor is. $49.61 + tax, but the parts guy told me that the coolant temp sensors usually don't go & the last time he sold one was in 2005. I have about 37k on the truck now, so I am just out of warrenty. Nissan wants an insane amount of money to diag & fix it. Other than the CEL being on, the truck runs beautifully. No problems with over heating or anything. I checked the coolant level & that is good. Do you guys have any thoughts? Do you know where the sensor is located on the Titan? Any info you have will be a big help. Thanks in advance :)
I never read about any Titans with that code. I only found this comment on a p0116:

The code P0116 reads "Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Range/Performance Problem". This code usually points to faulty engine temperature sensor, however, few other things, such as bad thermostat or water pump could also set this code. A quick look at the freeze frame for this code can point to the right direction. A freeze frame is stored in the engine computer at the time the fault is detected. The freeze frame can be accessed with the scan tool. It contains data such as engine temperature, vehicle speed, engine rpm, etc. at the time when the fault occurred.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

My Titan has that code now do u know where it was located on ur truck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts