Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived when I was out of town, and installed them today! I am VERY happy with them, I really like the looks. Install was a breeze, using the factory holes and studs, took 1/2 hour for total install! These rails give you a full 5" of foot width to dtep on. The rubber inserts are well grooved for traction, and the finish on mine is very good! Here is pic installed. (don't mind the dirty truck, been raining last 3 days!)

I got them on-line from "Garage Toys". Here is a link to them:http://www.garage-toys.com/trucktoys.html Talk to Scott, let him know you were referred to him from Titan site, he will take care of you!

·
Registered
507 Posts
You are realy doing a nice job with your Titan. Keep up the good work and keep those posts comming. I am getting good info from you. I have been looking for a good set of boards for my Titan. These look like exactly what I was looking for.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
k9mrussell said:
You are realy doing a nice job with your Titan. Keep up the good work and keep those posts comming. I am getting good info from you. I have been looking for a good set of boards for my Titan. These look like exactly what I was looking for.
I have not seen anything else loke them! I really like the 5' step surface, and the rubber inlays have very deep lugs that should prevent slipping no matter what the weather. My only complaint is that they only have the 2 mounting brackets per side. I would have liked to have a 3rd one on there. Then again, the wife says I always overdue things!(thats not ALWAYS a complaint on her part by the way)

·
Registered
507 Posts
With only 2 mounting brackets, how sturdy do they feel when you step on them? I have had some boards that felt like they were going to fall off if you put any kind of weight on them.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
The mounting brackets are located close enough to the stand-on points that I don't think it will be an issue. Put it this way, I like the looks of them enough that I will tolerate not having it as beefy underneath as I would like.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
It looks very nice. Thanks for the picture. I am in the market for one. I'll check the website out. How much are they? Do you have to drill anything? I wish they make it chrome at the end of the tube.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
It looks very nice. Thanks for the picture. I am in the market for one. I'll check the website out. How much are they? Do you have to drill anything? I wish they make it chrome at the end of the tube.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Tyltan said:
TitanBEW just orderd a set, $359.00 deliverd. I like the black accents at the ends, there are others out there that are all chrome. (stainless)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a heads-up, I just ordered mine and Scott doesn't work there anymore. Ask for Dean. He knows the titan site and gives the same deal to us.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
hardcore said:
Just a heads-up, I just ordered mine and Scott doesn't work there anymore. Ask for Dean. He knows the titan site and gives the same deal to us.
Sweet, thanks hardcore for keeping us posted. Get us some pics for your install and final product....you could even do a "review"? I don't know.............

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
firecracker said:
hardcore said:
Sweet, thanks hardcore for keeping us posted. Get us some pics for your install and final product....you could even do a "review"? I don't know.............
I all ready did a review for them!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
leungdou said:
Guys, why can't I see the images? Thanks!
The hosting site I was using appearently went in the dumper! Here is a couple more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a update. I ordered my step rails from Garage toys. I was told I'll have them in 10 days. After almost 1 month, and back and forth calling, Dean told me that a mistake has been made with my address and it would be another 2-3 weeks, which is during the x-mas holidays. I did give the right info but someone screwed up delivery. Dean was not willing to next day a new order to compensate me for the comfussion. While being nice getting screwed for two months was not the way to keep customers.
I ordered my step rails at http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/Nerf_SideBars.htm
Which turned out to be $60 dollars cheeper. I should get them this week and I'll update then

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry to hear about your problems with Garage Toys. I dealt with Tony, who I understand is no longer there. This is not the first problem I have heard of from them since Tony left. I believe it is time to take them off the links list.

·
Registered
32 Posts
challenger tube steps.

I ordered the same one's from Garage Toys. Ordered on Thursday April 30th and they were here the following Friday May 6th. Everything was good, all pieces and hardware, no Damage. Already installed. After dealing with T-Rex and waiting forever just to receive damaged steps 2x's, this was great. I like these twice as much as the Aries ovals I was trying to purchase. Eddie

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad to hear you had a good experiance with them. Your gonna love those rails even more as time gos on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts