Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I did an engine oil and filter change and drained and refilled the transmission.
The transmission fluid, which was Amsoil, had 38K miles on it and looked and smelled like new fluid. It was bright red with no burned smell at all. Since I have the PML pan, it took 9 quarts of Amsoil to refill after the drain. I also inspected the differential lube, which is Amsoil 75W140 Severe Gear Lube (synthetic). The diff lube has almost 50K miles on it; it looked just as it came out of the bottle; clean golden color.
I'm sure it wasn't necessary to change the A/T fluid since it looked so good, but it can't hurt!

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if the Royal Purple ATF meets Nissan specs for our transmissions.

·
Registered
549 Posts
That is some great news on the Amsoil holding up so well. The 9qts defiently helps when doing d/fs over full flushes.

Now for using RP, it is all up to you. Others have used it with great results but as was mentioned, it if doesnt meet the J matic spec, any failures are on your dime. Why not just use M1 ATF or heck even Maxlife dex/merc that meets the Jmatic spec. Whatever you do, if you buy at advance auto parts, price it out online and apply a coupon code to save up to 40% and just pick it up in the store. This is usually the best way to get a quality fluid for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
359 Posts
what coupon code?

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
what coupon code?
They usually have one at the top of their page for what ever sale they are running. You only get that discount by ordering online, but you can check the box to pick up at store so you can order it, get in car and pick it up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Royal Purple Max ATF

Equivalent to Nissan Matic D, Matic J, Matic K royalpurple.com/transmission-fluid.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm fixing to change the fluid in my transmission. I have a Nissan Titan 2005 4x4. How many quarts will it hold and what brand should I use? I have 148,000 miles on it now and have had the tranny fluid changed at regular intervals. But I have decided to due the work myself and save the high Nissan cost.
Last month I changed the Front & Rear Diff fluid and Transfer case.
How about the serpentine belt. Are they hard to change? And I need to flush the coolant out and change it also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.