Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just cruising along at about 45 when I got the urge to floor it. I held it about 10 seconds and let off, and as soon as I did the service engine light came on. My truck has only 500 miles on it and all Ive' done so far is install a AEM Brute force CAI and dual exhaust as far as the motor goes. I am brand new to the Titan community and could use some insight on this situation as to what it might be. Does the intake and exhaust void the warranty? Why would the engine light come on so soon? Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
404 Posts
clear your ecu and see if it does it again. i'd get a few more break in miles on there before i drove it hard like that too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This may sound stupid, but how do you clear the ECU? Do I have to have any special equipment? Sorry, new to all this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I reset my ECU and the light went off. I think Ill take the advice and be easy on it until I get a few more miles on the ol'girl. Once again thanks for the help.

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
if you get any codes get you can probably get someone that owns the cipher program to read them. that way you can find out what went wrong.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Im probably going to have to find someone with that program unless the power pup i ordered can do it, I dont know much about either of them. The engine light came back on so I guess Ill try to reset the ECU again and if that doesn't work I guess Ill just have to take it in. Ive been going off of the threads a lot to learn about the Titan and they have been really helpful in answering all my questions but there is a lot more to learn....... a lot more.

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
5,285 Posts
Red Dragon said:
Yeah Im probably going to have to find someone with that program unless the power pup i ordered can do it, I dont know much about either of them. The engine light came back on so I guess Ill try to reset the ECU again and if that doesn't work I guess Ill just have to take it in. Ive been going off of the threads a lot to learn about the Titan and they have been really helpful in answering all my questions but there is a lot more to learn....... a lot more.
check your air intake connections maybe one of them came loose.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Um, if you only have 500 miles on your Titan why don't you take it into the dealer and have them figure it out? It might be something serious.

·
3,812 Posts
When the SES light starts blinking count the flashes, 10=0, 9=9....., write them down and check out the list in the first link or post the code on here so other members can help you out. My be something simple like a loose gas cap, befor you go to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i just had mine in for a ck engine light and it turn out to be that my fuel pressude switch in the tank went bad ( caused by over filling the tank)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
check the code yourself or bring to to a advance auto, pepboys, autozone and they can check it for you....or you can bring it to the dealer, but it's probably a loose connection somewhere since you just installed an intake and exhaust and they will charge you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had to make two trips to the service department for a CEL. Final issue was a vent control valve.
If it's under warranty, get those guys to check it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts