Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ChecK Engine Light just came on solid. My truck is a 2004 2x4 SE with approximately 88000 miles. I understand it may have something to do with emissions. Can anyone give me insight to this or have you experienced this and what was the fix?

Thank you for whatever you can provide.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
if you can get a code, that would help us know what the problem is

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
9 times out of 10 with Nissan, it'll be an O2 sensor. Get the code read. That'll tell you for sure. Not an expensive fit.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
i got 72k on mine, got my codes check and it came back as the evap. valve. i've cleaned it, but it was only a temp fix. my SES light is back on and cleaning does no good now. I gotta go buy one. now, to find one that's not an arm and a leg. get the codes read at a autozone or something. you may have the same problem i do.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've had a few. The gas cap was the first and every once in a while it will still come on but don't know what causes it. It usually goes away after I get more fuel. I have noticed that when I fill up at a certain station it usually happens and goes out when I fill up again. I can tell you the gas cap will give you an o2 sensor code. Just because the code calls an item out doesn't mean that item is what is at fault. Autozone or wherever should read the code for free but they cannot reset it. After you get the code research it. I remember there was a thread that told you how to read the code ,can't remember if it was here or TT. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts