Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well, it's not even a chip, it's a 10 cent resistor stuck in a plug. Looks like snake oil from here.... :roll:

Take some time and read the seller's feedback, some interesting comments (if you weed through all the useless "great product, fast shipping" messages.)

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
TeamMaximus said:
Take some time and read the seller's feedback, some interesting comments (if you weed through all the useless "great product, fast shipping" messages.)
LOL!! Very good advice!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
This guy is amking a ton of money on this! Look how many he has sold in the last month! Also, if you notice, most of his sales are to fairly new Ebayers.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boy...even his postive feed back is bad. A vast majority of them say didn't work or something bad but still gave positive resonse.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I think you have to go, first and foremost, to a reliant source for supply-Superchips, Banks, Nissan, etc. for a chip resource. Who the heck makes
chips for the 2005 Titan anyways?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
It adds about as much HP as this chip...

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
It is way over priced and it is a $0.10 resistor packaged in a plastic box but it can work. What it does is tricks the computer into thinking that cold air is coming into the engine 100% of the time thus richening the fuel mixture, advancing the timing, and creating more power (in theory). It disables (bypasses) the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) Sensor and replaces it with a fixed resistance (ie: the resistor) equal to cold air. I did this mod (I use that term loosly) to my 1996 Z28 Camaro and it was great when it was hot outside but when it was really cold I think it hindered power. Never dynoed the car so who knows? But for $0.10 it was worth the try. Cheap mod to test at the track though. Just buy the resistor at Radio Shack or your local electronics store instead. ;)

Just noticed they don't even try and hide the fact it is only a resistor. How funny.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't know, calling it a chip is a bit misleading. I know they have a picture of the resistor sticking out of a plug, but the ad copy leads the buyer to believe that they're getting something more than just a resistor.

·
Registered
791 Posts
TeamMaximus said:
I don't know, calling it a chip is a bit misleading. I know they have a picture of the resistor sticking out of a plug, but the ad copy leads the buyer to believe that they're getting something more than just a resistor.
I totally agree with you. It is VERY misleading! Even I was confused at first glance and I knew what it was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts