Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Titan came with a few power outlets (Cigarette Lighter Adaptors, but without any lighters). I tried two different after-market lighters (long and short) but they don’t work with any of the sockets.

Nissan offers a “Smokers Kit” for anywhere from $16 to $28 that includes an ashtray but they are not sure what else… seems too much for a lighter and an ashtray. After market lighters (that look the same cost only ~$3).

Anyone out there was able to find a lighter that does work with either socket in the middle panel?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
not to be a troll since i'm new around here, but how about using this as a sign that it's time to quit smoking?

sorry, i watched my mom die of lung cancer about 2 weeks ago i kind of have that want to enlighten the world about the dangers of smoking thing going on right now.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm really sorry about your mom...

I was able to order one a couple of years ago for my Xterra from courtesyparts.com. But all the 2005 models, as you noted, have a complete smoker's kit. You might have luck with ebay.

Oh, and I can't let this go without saying.....

I'm Free and Healing for Two Months, Two Days, 2 Hours and 34 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 5 Days and 11 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1578 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $237.27.
:moonwalk:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PowerT,

I understand the passionate responses here and respect them. For the record, I am an occasional cigar smoker who doesn't inhale (most cigar smokers don't...).

As for the lighter, on the "other" board someone informed me that the Chevy Trailblazer's lighter works well in the right power outlet. I went ot he local Chevy dealer and for under $6 I got myself the ligher, and it works.

·
Registered
482 Posts
This is a little off topic, but still dealing with the power outlets...I plugged in a converter the other day and now the front two power outlets will not work...I am TDY right now and when I get back we are leaving for a cross country trip so I would like to get it fixed ASAP. I figure that I blew a circuit breaker...does that sound correct?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts