Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently noticed a clicking coming from the front end of the truck while turning at low speeds. I've done some research and think it may be the CV Joints but I was just wondering if anyone has any DIY Instructions on how to change the CV Joints? If so either respond to this or PM me when you can....thanks everyone.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have just recently noticed a clicking coming from the front end of the truck while turning at low speeds. I've done some research and think it may be the CV Joints but I was just wondering if anyone has any DIY Instructions on how to change the CV Joints? If so either respond to this or PM me when you can....thanks everyone.
Is your truck stock as far as suspension? If shes stock and you dont have a lot of miles on the truck, I cant imagine that it would be the CV joints.....but anything is possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The suspension is bone stock and I have 69000 miles on the truck. When I get back home from a business trip I'm gunna take it into the stealership because I have the extended powertrain warranty until 100,000. I will see what they say and give you an update when I find out. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have them check the bolts that mount the body to the frame (if I am saying that right). Its been some years but I had that same sound, took it to the stealership 3 times and someone on here or TitanTalk recommended checking those bolts.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Do you have OEM chrome rims? Nissan had a lot of problem with the chrome rims making noise. When you post a problem you should specify the year of your Titan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
could it be the u-joint or the hub bearing. I got a 2005 with custom rims and i have that clicking noise. But the dealer tells me that they cant find anything wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ya mine does that a little too, and I know my CV boot has a little grease around it, so might be have that looked at. Its not bad, only when the wheels are cranked 80% of the way to do a u-turn or something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i got a 06 4x4 with 6in lift. been having this problem for couple months now and no garages can really tell me whats wrong. just started a few months ago. wondering what some of ya'll found out. although those posts are couple years old...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2005 with a 6" rough country lift, get a clicking from the drivers side when turning left pretty much any speed. I bought new half shafts hoping that fixed it. CV boot is spooging out grease so..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts