Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read enough posts to be reasonably certain that the random clicking noise behind my dash is probably caused by a faulty actuator. It does it randomly, for varying lengths of time, even with the truck shut off and the key removed. I read that this could cost upwards of $1000 to have fixed. I am not about to pay that kind of money to have a cheap part replaced in a 16 year old truck. My questions are (1) what does this actuator control and (2) how can i disable it and what will be the result if it is disabled? It would help to know what it looks like too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
3ea p/n 027743-ZP00A Actuator located in the dash. 2 are easy? to get to but the other is buried near the air
bag and that's where they get you. btw they aint cheap. There is a plastic gear in the box that strips and thats
where the clicking comes from. Just letting my 06 click for now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3ea p/n 027743-ZP00A Actuator located in the dash. 2 are easy? to get to but the other is buried near the air
bag and that's where they get you. btw they aint cheap. There is a plastic gear in the box that strips and thats
where the clicking comes from. Just letting my 06 click for now.
What I want to know is why does it click? What sets it off, especially since it will do it while the truck is shut off, key out, no one inside it. I'd like to know how to disable it if possible, without losing the heat or AC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the difficult to access actuator on my 2010 does the same thing, but it must be stuck in a good position since the air flow on all of the settings seem unimpeded. so I'm just letting it ride & keeping the music turned up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, i have no problems with the air flow. But, it will use up battery power...how much I don't know. I only drive it once or twice a week to go fishing or buy building supplies. In the winter, it won't be driven much at all so I'll probably keep a float charger on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts