Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the wheel is spinning it makes a little clicking noise around the front differential on 2wd. And when i put it into 4wd it makes a loud clicking noise when the wheel is spinning. I believe something is wrong with the front differential but i'm not sure if it's the axle or the differential. Any help would help alot...

·
Registered
334 Posts
e- brake ?

did you try jacking it up and rotate tires by hand? When my rear went out it stared as clicking and worked it's way to poping and finally ugly clunking it got so loud I rotated my tires, nothing. the tire kid thought my brakes were messed up. does the E- brake work?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just now just now jack it up and rotated the tires by hand, and it still making the clicking noise, the sound is coming from the differential... i'm going to change the differential oil now... the E-Brake doesn't work great... i normally use it every night since my drive way is sloped.

·
Registered
334 Posts
drain the rear and see whats in there, sounds like you might be ready for tru trac oh when I drained mine big chunks came out the posi trac is fun work the petal right and on slick roads you can get up to speed quick! goggle eaton tru trac good luck and why let the dealer sell you another cheap *** rear end ? overpriced too BTY

·
Registered
334 Posts
Not sure if you ment front or rear diff if it the front then not sure of that one never heard of front diff going out any body else out there? any insite? anybody?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i believe it's coming from my front drive shaft connecting to the front diff. it seems a little loose, i'm not sure if it's suppose to be a loose or not but i did do some research... do think that U joints?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Not sure about U-joints,My experiance with them has been more of a loud clunking or more sudden bang and coming apart (lost one coming off harbor bridge once) it is an inexpensive part so it might be worth a try , good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright i'll give it a try.. it does make a loud clucking nosie when i put it in to 4wd.. i hope this is the answer... thanks for the help, i'll keep you posted

·
Registered
15 Posts
clicking noise

Hey i put 22's on my 2005 titan with over 120.000 miles and i heard that clicking noise. But when i have my factorys on i dont hear it. I was told that its my hub bearings so i order new ones will see when i put them on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts