Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, fellas, I've had this 'clicking' noise under the driver's side dash (very low) for some time now. I can't seem to locate it. Actually, it sounds like (for those of you in the aviation field), a relay clicking on/off.

It only occurs when travelling at or above 67 mph. Any ideas? Nothings loose that I can find.

Thanks all! :roll:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Stop driving with your turn signal on :lol:

I think I may have heard the same noise you are describing. I remember it doing it a few times, but by the time I got around to investigating it, it hadn't made the noise in a couple months. The noise has never came back, and I hadn't even thought about it until I read your thread. I wish I could be more help, but I filed the noise into the could not duplicate file.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NateL said:
Stop driving with your turn signal on :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

THAT's what it is!? LOL

I only wish it would go a way. It may have something to do with the cold weather, too.....dunno. It seems to get worse over 85 or so. REALLY bad at 105! :oops:

maybe I can figure it out.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
aaaaa, quit going so fast, or turn the radio up? LOL! Sorry, couldn't resist. Can you be a little more specific as to where the noise is coming from? Also, what all are you running options wise when this occurs? Can you make it happen "on demand"?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BiXLL said:
aaaaa, quit going so fast, or turn the radio up? LOL! Sorry, couldn't resist.
Can't help it, I like the sound of the Titan at 1/2 throttle!:D I really don't drive that fast often.

BiXLL said:
Can you be a little more specific as to where the noise is coming from?
Not really, all I know is it's down to the left of the steering column, under the dash and pedals (I think).

BiXLL said:
Also, what all are you running options wise when this occurs?
Actually, nothing. I've turned everything off to see if anything made a difference. It didn't. :?:

BiXLL said:
Can you make it happen "on demand"?
Nope. Well, only if I drive fast. And, then, it's sporatic, at best. :?: :?: :?: :x

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Is our speedometer electronic or cable run? I know if past vehicles, I experianced cable noise when the weather would turn cold. Possible?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
BiXLL said:
Is our speedometer electronic or cable run? I know if past vehicles, I experianced cable noise when the weather would turn cold. Possible?
It's an electrical signal Bixll.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
JetTech said:
BiXLL said:
It's an electrical signal Bixll.
I guess that knocks the pi** out of that theory then! :(

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
BiXLL, is your computer's clock 12 hours fast? Or are you posting from the future? :D

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
scr38 said:
BiXLL, is your computer's clock 12 hours fast? Or are you posting from the future? :D
npt sure what you mean???? My computer clock is fine, and the time at the top of my last post is 14 min prior to yours???? What did you see?

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Oh, I see, the date and day is wrong at the top of post! Thats m4cks department!

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
It appears all of our posts are in the future as far as time goes. Must be a glitch in the site. I'm sure m4ck will be on the job as soon as he sees it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Okay you are going to think I am crazy but I had the same noise you describe. I looked and looked and gave up. Mine would do it only above 75mph. About a week later I washed my truck and removed OEM bug deflector to wash behind it. I had to run across town before I had chance to put it back on. I jumped on freeway and noticed it wasnt making noise.....hmm. Did a 40 mile trip altogether and never a click. Put deflector back on and next day I got noise again at 80mph. Took it off and never looked back. Someday I am going to investigate further and see what was happening because I know many dont have the problem with OEM.

So do you have the deflector? 8O

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also had that noise and when I removed my oem deflector that noise and all the wind noise I was having was gone.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wouldn't you know. I DID get one for Christmas. But.....I'm trying to remember if I noticed it before. I think :?: it was. Can't be sure though. I may pull it off and go for a ride this weekend.

Thanks, MikeZ!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
[quote="firecracker It seems to get worse over 85 or so. REALLY bad at 105! :oops:[/quote]

If it were me I'd have to see if it goes away at 115. :idea:

Then again you might not want to use my usual troubleshooting methods :D

The flex that the Lund required just to make it fit had me leery, so the bugshield theory could be worth looking into.

I have one, but haven't noticed the noise. Still waiting for it to rip off and fly away on the expressway. :D

Chief

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Chief,

I'll be looking into this later (warmer weather). Maybe the cold has something to do with it also.

·
Registered
493 Posts
My inner fender well had a broken clip on it when I noticed the click, slap, clack. Only when exceding posted speeds. My wife said it was the little man on my shoulder telling me to slow down. She don't like going a buck 0 five. Just to mention, do all the TITANS grow wings at 95 or just mine?
Oh yah, check the fender-well and the splash guards for rocks and crap.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm going to take my OEM bug shield off today to see what happens. My truck is doing the exact same thing to a tee. I know for a fact the noise didn't start until after I installed the bug shield.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Man, so I'm not going crazy. I get a clicking or ticking noise once the engine has warmed up(about 15 minutes) and it happens when accelerating at about 2000 RPM and up. If you've ever heard an electronic pilot light clicking on a travel trailer furnace, it's exactly that sound! I'm going to the dealer probably next week, and it probably won't do it for them. Anyway if I get the lowdown on a cause I'll let you know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts