Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this past month, my 2006 titan has begun to click when driving at low speeds. It probably still does it at faster speeds as well but the tempo increases and can't tell.. It sounds likes its coming from the front end. Today, i tried to put it in 4wd and the sound seems to stop. When putting back into 2wd, it begins again. New to forum.. but thought i'd ask. Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Could be u-joints in the driveshaft or perhaps CV joints in the axle. Check the level of fluid in the front differential just in case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard that about the cv joints.. I will check the level. If that's not it, how do i tell if it's the ujoint or other? Do I just start replacing? Maybe a lame question..

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I would check for movement at the u-joints. You might want to search other threads to see what other forum member's symptoms were before they replaced their u-joints.

It's not a lame question. I only offered up u-joints based on symptoms and solutions that I've read on the forum. I haven't had to change mine yet.

Is your front drivetrain actually engaging? The front axle/differential are known to have some issues but the "fix" was made in the 2006 model year.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Jack up the front end and have the truck in neutral. MAKE SURE TO HAVE THE EBRAKE ON AND WHEEL CHOCKS BEHIND THE BACK WHEELS. Then, turn the front wheels by hand and see if you can pinpoint where the noise is coming from. Also, with the front in jacked up, you can look for fluid leaks around the boots. I don't know if this is the best way, but this is what I would do. ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
i think if its the cv joints the clicking should get louder when turning. do you have a trusted mechanic you can take it to to at least diagnosis it for you?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Is the truck stock or lifted and if so, what is the lift?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts