Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.I have approx 16K on my truck,my problem started @ 9300M,I took it to a Nissan Dealer in St.Pete. Fla. who diag. the problem as I stated above,they cleared the chk. eng. lite. It since has happend 31 more times but 2 dealerships here in central Arkansas cannot correct the problem,they have had my truck for 3 days now w/no sign of figuring out what is wrong and how to fix the problem.Has anybody in Nissan land had this sort of prob. if so please let me know what to do or where I can turn to to have this problem taken care of.
My e mail is [email protected]
Any help would be so much appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
A rich mixture can be caused by several things:
Bad A/F sensor
Leaking injector
Exhaust leak
Incorrect fuel pressure
MAF Sensor malfunction
Intake air leak
Fuel temp sensor

Since you are having a problem with the passenger side of the engine the problem would probably be the A/F sensor, a injector or exhaust leak on that side. The other possible problem sources should affect both banks of the engine, not just the passenger side.

Has the dealer inspected the spark plugs to see if one cylinder is running rich? That would indicate a leaking injector. If all cylinders are rich on that bank I would suspect the A/F sensor.

Even a very small exhaust leak will cause problems. The manifold and exhaust piping needs to be inspected carefully for leaks.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Sonnyd, do you have any performance mods on your Titan?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
code 175

Just a cold air filter(AFE) is all,tried 2 different mufflers but went back to stock,resonating was so bad.
thanks for your reply.
Sonnyd

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
code 175

To-scr38, dealer has checked all that U have mentioned,all checks out Ok but they have been on hot line to Nissan Tech to solve this problem.If they have any answers & correct this problem I'll send it on to the forum.
thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
is your MAF in backwards?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
code 175 problems

It seems there are more probs. than the 175 code,Which I insisted there were,but it took them 4 days to determine that they would have to replace the ECM which I said that I thought that would be the cure.My truck had no problems running in fact it ran super good we took 2 trips totaling 5K and averaged 17mpg with bed full of luggage and fruit (So.Texas,Key West Fla.) running @75/80+
Dealer will replace ECM Tues. hopefully thats the cure.
Guys thanks for all your input.
Sonnyd

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
175 code

Well guys they replaced the ECM got better but they didn't get the numbers they wanted readings were still above the norm.They now tell me the engineers are tring to come up with a fix,we''ll see.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just a cold air filter(AFE) is all,tried 2 different mufflers but went back to stock,resonating was so bad.
thanks for your reply.
Sonnyd
My Titan started giving me the same issues after I replace the stock air intake with a cold air intake. I believe mine is a spectre. I am going to go back to stock air intake and see if that fixes the error codes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts