Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well in a conversation with my service manager, while my seat belts were getting fixed, he had mentioned that some titans have a recall on the sending unit for the fuel pump freezing up in cold weather. so i thought I would test this out on my truck considering right now here in michigan its 0 degrees out and -15 with wind chill. wel the truck started like it was 80 degrees out, and my fiances ford taurus, with 36k on odometer, had trouble turning over and firing with a new battery.
has anyone had this recall in the mail or heard of this? mine obviously is fine, but anyone else?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this sounds like it, but I remeber the guy saying something about the "fuel sender unit" those were his words. this guy might not know what hes talkin about. I will go and try this procedure thats on the web site and report back.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well just did the steps they said and i followed them to the tee, except its colder then they suggest. engine still fired right up like warm day. I will report that it only took 4 minutes of slow driving to warn engine up to desired temp at below 0 :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts