Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Titan. Im looking to get new tires. I looked at tire rack and they don't have the size of tire that is listed for my T. The info sticker that is on the driver door is calling for a 245/75/17, but on tire rack the smallest it calls for a 07 is a 265. Also where can i find out what model of T i have. Can anybody help?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
I strongly suggest you go with 265's. it was a nightmare when i was searching for 245's and the were more expensive because of the odd, and rare size. you'd be happier with a little wider tire, i had them on my stock rims and it made a world of difference.

now, is your T de-badged? is there a SE or LE on the back above your 5.6? if not, and you don't have any power locks or windows, you have the XE. if so, some one removed the badges, and a member with a SE or LE model will have to tell you the diff. I gotta XE.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will the 265 fit ok? i do not have any badges. i have power everything including back window, cruise, cd player, i have an automatic and the shifter is on the column if that helps any

·
Registered
125 Posts
What kind of seats do you have? Leather/cloth? Power?

From what you said, it sounds like you have an LE...do you have the big tow package?

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you have the tow package there will be a switch that says "Tow Mode"-also a factory hitch with 7-pin connector.

Best case, and to be absolutely sure, is to grab your VIN and call a Dealer Parts Dept. Give them the VIN and he should be able to tell you everything you want to know about your Titan...that's my recommendation-to be sure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The easiest way for you to tell if you have the tow package is if the T has the bigger mirrors (think they expand out) and also the transmission gauge in the cluster. The Tow Mode button comes on non-tow mode Titans also! I have a 2005 SE w/captain chairs and console shifter, but without the tow package, it has the Tow Mode button, I added the factory hitch myself as it was prewired. Most non-tow Titans have the smaller one piece side mirrors. Hope this helps you figure out the model you have!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just get a set of these

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
If you have the tow package there will be a switch that says "Tow Mode"-also a factory hitch with 7-pin connector.

Best case, and to be absolutely sure, is to grab your VIN and call a Dealer Parts Dept. Give them the VIN and he should be able to tell you everything you want to know about your Titan...that's my recommendation-to be sure.
This is incorrect. All Titans have the tow mode switch.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
The 265 will fit fine. my truck is sitting stock, and i rolled 265's with no prob. hell i'm rolling 285's now and i'm still at stock height. i gotta shave maybe a 1/4 inch off one spot of my wheel well for those real hard turns, but thats it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
You can go to P285-70-17 as that is the size the Off Road models wear.

·
Registered
334 Posts
tire size

on a 04 with off road and BT it's 285/70/17 big tow has got the tranny temp gauge BTW even without lift you can fit these tires Iam sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts